Planning an event is not an easy task – there are dozens and dozens of small details you need to remember. People who participate in your events can be of all types, with various preferences and health issues, and you need to cater to all of them. As any event management company in Bangalore will tell you, these are also quite often forgotten – and they become the reason, unfortunately, for many event attendees to be unhappy. They may seem small but they are essential. Let’s take a look:
- Accessibility for differently-abled persons: You could have quite a few guests who are wheelchair bound, have arms in slings, or are vision or hearing impaired. Make sure you provide wheelchair access, the doors are either auto-opening, or have staff at the ready to open them; have a couple of programs printed in Braille, and closed captions (subtitles) on the screen so that every participant has a good experience.It would be good to plan before hand, so we suggest that you enable invitees to inform you of physical disabilities along with the RSVP. You could just give them on online form, and ask them to tick the relevant box, like “Require wheelchair access” and so on.
- Menu options: Usually there is a vegetarian and non-vegetarian fare, but there could be vegans or people who are gluten or lactose intolerant, people who are allergic to certain other foods like nuts. Make sure you have a few options for such guests, and make sure to label each food item properly so that there are no mishaps.
- Medical Aid: Event management firms in Bangalore opine that it is always a good idea to have some sort of medical assistance at hand to take care of minor medical problems – a first aid box and a trained nurse if possible, especially so when your event has physical activities for your participants, or if the event is spread over a few days.
- Giveaways: Ask any corporate event organizer in Bangalore and they will tell you how important it is these days to hand out gift or goodie bags to participants as they leave. This serves a dual purpose: you can brand the bags with your company logo, give out your company sample products (even if it is software, you can provide DVDs with trial versions) and gain publicity for your brand, and your guests will leave as very happy people. What’s more, the goodie bag and gift can continue to remind them of your event and brand for days to come.
- Wi-Fi: You may roll your eyes but you won’t believe how many people forget to make sure they provide Wi-Fi at corporate events. Especially for a sophisticated seminar or conference, you need to have fast Wi-Fi so that everyone can participate and collaborate, and video conference to the workplace if necessary.
- Plenty of staff: you will need extra pairs of hands on the day of the event to ensure that your guests find it easy to get where they want, and do what they need to do. Make sure you hire a few temporary employees so that even the smallest details can be taken care of.
- Photographers and Videographers: Yes, everyone takes selfies on their mobile phones today but you need to have professional photographers at hand to take good quality pictures; you can upload them on social media, and also have the pictures for your own documentation and other purposes for the future. By having a videographer you can also make DVDs available to those who are interested.
Remembering and organizing all these things takes a lot of time, effort and energy. Do it the easy way – call in the experts. At White Massif, we have never missed a trick. Call us now on +91-990-0141-177 for help with organizing your upcoming event.
This post first appeared on How To Hike Up The Fun Element At Corporate Events, please read the originial post: here