Indian weddings are immersed in culture and tradition and are lavish affairs. A Wedding is a special time and a new beginning in life and it is made memorable with that perfect marriage Gift.
The Wedding Gifts should depend on which family (Bride’s or Groom’s) has invited you for the wedding and the relation and closeness with the family. You even need to consider your budget while selecting an ideal gift. It is essential that you take a good gift, but a good gift does not necessarily have to burn holes in your pockets. A wedding gift is a tangible portrayal of feelings for the couple which is going to begin its new life. The gift could be chosen by keeping the tastes of the couple in mind. One can also gift some unique things to the couple in order to make the event more memorable. There are certain gifts that are ideal for giving at an Indian wedding.
Jewellery is a traditional and much appreciated wedding gift in India. The best part of jewellery is that it is a wonderful keepsake. Some jewellery ideas includeSwarovski crystals, Gem studded jewellery available in variety of colors. Rubies, Diamonds and Sapphires are some of the more popular choices of gems stones .Citrine, aquamarine, garnet and amethyst are also gifted. Sapphire is commonly gifted in the color blue as it’s considered auspicious.Gold and silver jewellery items like necklace, bracelets, earrings, pendants, ring, anklet and toe rings.You may also give gold or silver coins or silver items with personalized engravings.
Also Read:- Ethnic Wear For Men: From North To South
To help the newly wed couple in setting up its home, you can also gift some household items to them:
- Ethnic and attractive dhurries (carpets), rugs, cushions, wall hangings, lanterns and lamps.
- Dinner Sets or Tea Sets.
- Household items like crockery, cutlery, crystal bowls, pen sets, etc.
- Bed Covers and linen also form a popular choice.
There is a huge range of electronic gifts that are needed for every day life that make good wedding gifts.
- Electric Toaster
- Food processor/Mixer/Grinder
- Digital Camera
- Electric Kettle
- Steam Iron
- Music System
- Personal care electronic items
People give decorative items to the bride and groom as a token of love. Wedding gifts could be various decorative items. You may help the newly wed couple decorate its home with a special wedding gift –
- Decorative items like candle stands, crystal ware, lamps, Vases, Showpieces, personalised photo frames
- Handmade Or Purchased Paintings
- Artifacts Or Handicrafts etc.
Must Read:-Tuxedo Suits Elements to consider for Perfect Groom Wear
Gifts of Personal Use
Gifts of personal use are also appreciated as wedding gift. You may go in for the following –
- Honeymoon Package
- A room reservation in a luxury hotel.
- Chocolates or sweets packed in personalized or printed gift papers.
- Gift vouchers from leading beauty salons make a great gift.
- A pair of classic wristwatches for the bride and the groom.
- Cosmetics-make up kit for the bride and men’s toiletries for the groom.
Just remember that the gift should be trendy yet useful.
Image Courtesy: Google/Pinterest. ShaadiMagic holds no Copyright for Images.
Webelkart Jaipurcrafts 24K Gold Rose With Gift Box And Carry Bag
Rs. 1,499 Rs. 268
ME&YOU Dhanteras Gift Item;ME&YOU Gold & Silver Plated Brass Bowl,Spoon &...
Rs. 399 Rs. 275
Music Flowerpot,Smart Plant pots,Touch Music Plant Lamp with Rechargeable...
Rs. 599 Rs. 424
Last updated on April 23, 2018 12:15 pm
The post Check Out These Wedding Gifts appeared first on Shaadi Magic - Indian Wedding Planner.