This article is written by Nikita Bala, a contributing author for Lightning Speed Dating blog.
Let’s face it. People want to go on dates frequently and this turns out to be a costly affair most of the time. Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered with 10 unique and cheap ideas that can help you have fun without Spending a fortune.
- Take a walk- Simple is good. Go for a walk where there is good scenery. Be it a beach, or a park, you can chat away catching up on each other’s lives or absorb the view holding hands. You’ll get some fresh air, quality time together and a light exercise (which is an added bonus).
- Go for a hike- You must be so used to skipping on much-needed exercise, thanks to your busy life. Don’t you need some time off? How about a hike? If you love nature, you got to love a good hike. You can go on trails together with your better-half and the experience would only enhance the joy of the trip! Most state parks only charge a parking fee so this is a cool idea.
- Volunteering together- Go for volunteering at your local charity, a shelter or a soup kitchen. You may end up exiting the premises with a bubble of happiness floating over your heads for having done a good deed.
- Game on- Hit the stands people! Cheer your local teams and eat your hotdogs away to glory. The game may propel you to the edge of your seats and who knows, you may get a chance to have a great time as well.
- Singing star- Challenge each other to a competition. Whether you are a pro at belting out some old lyrics or you bray worse than an ass, you will surely have some fun. Get going with some funny lyrics to add color to your company.
- Movie marathon- Grab a bowl of popcorn and hype yourself up for a movie marathon. Or, binge watch shows on Netflix. This way, you get to catch up together on what you missed in Game of Thrones or you may even end up watching all 8 Harry Potter movies again (laughs). And maybe, get a free cuddle if the power went out…
- Cook a meal together- You can cook up a storm and have a candlelight dinner without spending much. Go online, whip out some simple or fancy recipes and get your partner to chip in on the cooking and hey, don’t say no to a food fight!
- Wine away- Most local wineries and breweries may offer free wine tasting. Use this opportunity to get free samples of booze and impress your friends later with all this knowledge.
- Sweat it out together- It’s time for a new year and this call for some Join a dance class or get gym memberships together. Fitness goals added with a lot of time that can be spent together on a daily basis. Win-Win!
- Cycle away- If you don’t feel like walking, indulge in a bike ride instead. You can explore new localities together and even ride a tandem bike which just adds to the fun. Test your balance and coordination together. Or, teach your partner to ride if they are terrible at balancing the handles outright.
At the end of the day, simplicity colors joy vivid. Ultimately, all you wish for is to reconnect with each other and who knows, you may discover new things in the process and also enjoy spending the day.
This blog was edited by Amalia Abbar from our Corporate Office.