Coloured Liner can be the easiest way to add colour to your makeup look without having to be super makeup savvy. Also, it may not be as time consuming as blending out multiple colourful shadows. Mix it up a little bit, step outside your black liner comfort zone and play with a bit of colour.
Here are 7 ways to incorporate coloured liner into your makeup look:
- Add an accent colour to your lower waterline.
- Switch it up! Instead of applying a shimmery eye shadow use a shimmery liner in a cat eye shape and leave your shadows simple, matte and neutral.
- Do your usual liner and then right above trace the same line with a coloured liner. For example I use a gel or pen liner to do my usual cat eye then directly above that line I draw on a coloured liner perpendicular to my cat eye and voila, colourful double liner.
- Rim your whole eye with your coloured liner then smoke it out with a liner brush. For extra dimension, pick up some eye shadow in the same colour, or within a couple of shades and smoke it out even more for a more dramatic look.
- Use a glitter liner in gold or silver to highlight the inner corners of you eyes.
- Smudge a plum liner on your lower lash line for an eye-brightening effect.
- Switch from your basic, everyday black liner to another neutral such as navy, brown or bronze more a more subtle hit of colour.
Coloured liners to love:
Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner, $25 CAD, Sephora – This liner has great staying power to tight-line your upper and lower lash line!
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Liner, $6 CAD, Walmart – Perfect for smudging out.
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, $29 CAD, Sephora – How amazing would this colour look with a fierce cat eye?
Colourpop Crème Gel Liner in Show Me, approx $8 CAD, Colourpop – You could line the rim of your entire eye with this or just use it to highlight your inner corner. Either way, it’ll look amazing!
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, $25 CAD, Sephora – Be a little more daring and swipe on some hot pink.
Follow Caitlyn on Twitter and Instagram