Speaking Life Into Your Partner.
The wise woman builds her home with her own hands while the foolish tears it down ( Proverbs 14 v 1). Lets not be like the foolish woman, build your home with your mouth, speak life, productivity, encouragement, health, integrity into your spouse, speak what you will like to see.
In the Holy Spirit we can create our world by speaking the Word of the Living God daily on our partners. My husband(Jay) and I took a path last year to speak only positive words to ourselves, in private, openly and in our thinking, and that has made us a whole lot better than we use to be.
What you don’t value, can not possibly add value to you. Communicate with your spouse, kindly, calmly and patiently don’t be too quick to reply or attack. James 1 v 19. Words are reflects of the condition of our hearts, words can build and also destroy, avoid saying negative or harsh words to your spouse. It is better not to say anything than to say what you will regret.
Am prompt always to speak praise and goodness about my husband, to build him up and to plant grace about him in the heart of others. Let your spouse know that you are different and special just because of the way they treat, love and make you feel. My husband(Jay) has a Favourite word that he says to me everyday…..”Am proud of you babe”, those words make me want to work harder to be a better and wiser wife, it builds me up from the inside. Keep avoiding saying negative words to your spouse, its not a sign of weakness but of strength.
It is never complete or effective if we don’t do it in the place of prayer, every morning or night on your threshing floor ( place of separation). Pray these points into the life of your spouse.
- That he/she would learn how to lean on Christ in trials. (Psalm 46 v 1).
- That the Lord will teach him/her how to be a good husband/wife (Ephesians 1 v 9-10).
- That he/she will live in accordance to God’s plan and purpose in his life.(Ephesians 5 v 25-29).
- That he/she will be surrounded by people who will bring him/her up. (Proverbs 13 v 20).
- That he/she will have a humble teachable spirit (Proverbs 13 v 20).
- That he/she will be full of patient and peace (Romans 14 vs 19).
- That he/she will grow spiritually through reading, studying the word of God and prayer. (2nd Peter 3 v 18).
I pray that the Holy Spirit will Himself teach us how to speak life to our spouse in Jesus Name Amen