So I have come across few bloggers who have done this tag post. I haven't been tagged by anyone (poor me TT__TT ) but I kinda want to try it too. Even though I am not a make up pro nor a makeup enthusiastic, but I do a basic makeup regularly. (pssst: I'm in short of makeup gear, that's why)
Nonetheless, here is my Makeup Story
1. How old were you when you started wearing makeup? I started experimenting with makeup when I was probably about 19 years old. I used to be tomboy-ish kind of girl. But I started to put color on my eyelids and lips when I was 19. College girls syndrome yall! Back then glittering and pop color eye shadow was a trend. But I prefer earth color nowadays. Wearing lipstick will always vanished after eating but now I have tricks for a long lasting lipstick.
2. How did you get into makeup?
Perhaps after I started drawing my eyebrows? I like korean makeup very much because they look so pretty and natural. I can say that I started drawing my brows even before Nora Danish did it. But still I can't draw a perfect on-point brows. pftt.maybe because I don't want to look too fake.lols. I like how korean actress always have straight eyebrows. I also like T-ARA 's Jiyeon eyeliner in her earlier days and experimenting korean makeup looks.even still nampak malay looks.lols. So I guess korean makeup get me into makeup.
3. What are some of your favourite brands?
I don't have favorite brands. But I always buy drugstore brands- Maybelline,in2it,Silkygirl, Essence. I choose price over brand because I know I can't afford ones. Only buy high end cosmetic if my wallet is thick enough. =)
For lipstick I like it matte and I think SimplySiti and Bourjois have it best.
For eyeshadows I love natural and earth colour. I fail in using eye shadow that's why I always use in beige or brown shades. I love my Diorshow Fushion Mono in Chimere cause it look so natural and effortless pretty.
4. What does makeup mean to you?
To me, I think makeup can cover my blemishes and enhance my beauty giteww. I also feel more confidence wearing makeup. I feel ready and approachable. Be it simple or heavy makeup as long as you are happy with your face then its done.
5. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?
I always confuse skincare product with makeup.
But 4 things I always wear on my bare face are:
Moisturizer (this is a must before I start makeup)
1. Beauty Cream
2. Johnson Baby Powder ( I like the pink one, cause I don't compact powder)
I know no.1 & 2 some might not consider as makeup so one more is Mascara!
6. What is your favorite thing about makeup?
It gives me confidence & I like it
7. What do you think of drugstore VS high end makeup?
Always wanted to have high end makeup collections. But I know where I stand. Perhaps later. But guys, we wear the style not the brands 'aite?
8. What is the one makeup trend you've never understood?
I don't understand why you don't want to wear red lipstick my friend haa?? you look gorgeous ok!
So, what is your makeup story? Yes I tagged you!
Thank You For Reading This Post ! Komen lah sikit =)