With an upcoming trip home happening verrry soon, my excitement for reuniting with loved ones and my precious dog, Sasha, may be a little out of control. I’ve been away for 8 months and aside from my reunion with family and friends, I also can’t stop dreaming about all the Food I am about to eat. The food in Thailand is absolutely amazing and filled with more flavor than you can imagine, but there is nothing like the comfort foods from home: lasagna, cheese, bagels, avocado toast, chili, taco bell, wine, you name it, I want it.
For those of you taking a first time Flight or some of you who may have been doing this for years, here is my go-to list of avoiding boredom on a long flight:
- In-flight Entertainment: Before taking off make sure your screen in front of you is working properly. Check the volume and screen functionality before lift off to ensure you can watch endless amounts of movies. Most airlines also provide the list of movies and in-flight entertainment options on their website so if you’re feeling extra frisky before take off, check that out before heading to your destination.
- Snacks: One of my favorite things about flying is bringing necessary snacks on-board. I looooove candy so my bag is always packed with sour candy and crackers “just in case” I get hungry between meals.
- Read a Book or Magazine: Nothing says “me” time more than diving head first into a best seller or even the latest issue of Cosmo. If you are an avid reader or just want to keep up with the latest celebrity gossip, grab one of these to keep you entertained.
- Listen to Music: Flights usually provide vast varieties of music to listen to but you can also make sure to download your favorite tunes straight to your phone. I have been using Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s music app, Tidal, for the past month on their free 30-day trial and it allows you to save music and listen to it while not connected to a network! Thank you, Bey!
- Play Games: If flying alone, you can download games to your phone before hand to keep you busy, (my current fave is Color Switch), or if flying with a partner, you can plan out games to play together – people watching is always a favorite. **Pssst – don’t forget if using your phone, make sure to take a portable charger with you!**
- Adult Coloring Books: this is not one of my personal faves but some of my friends love spending time coloring. They have some great adult coloring books available here!
- Write: If you are passionate about writing or want to catch up on your daily journal, this is a great time to channel all of your thoughts and energy into writing. What better place to have peace and quiet than on an airplane at 2 am while everyone is sleeping?
- Eat Plane Meals: My favorite part about flying and experiencing different airlines is trying all of their food. Some people complain about airline food but this is what gets me most excited about flying. Airlines tend to serve food specific to the region their company is based out of so if you are flying a Thai airline, you get to try Thai cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I will be flying a Chinese airline this time so I am excited to see what kind of dishes are being served.
- Sleep, Hydrate, & Repeat: Most importantly, make sure to stay hydrated and rest during your flight. Traveling is very daunting so if you need to pop a melatonin or drink a glass of wine (or both?), make sure you do what you can to relax and enjoy your flight. Plus, sleeping helps to make the trip go by faster. I especially love to bring a hydrating facemask on the plane and wear it for 20 minutes. Because the air is so dry in the compressed plane, your body loses a lot of moisture. These masks help to keep your skin hydrated and help me relax a bit – I would recommend a cucumber, mint, or any other hydrating/soothing facemask! Don’t forget – Drink LOTS of water to keep yourself hydrated! Everyone hates swollen feet while flying.
What do you love to do while flying? I would love to hear your ideas below!
The post 9 Ways to Avoid Boredom While Flying appeared first on Backpack Belle.