Skillet Chicken and Biscuits Pot Pie
Recipe by Michelle Williams of @CoffeeandChampagne
What you’ll need:
- Yellow Onion (1, chopped)
- Unsalted Butter (8 oz)
- Carrots (4 regularly sized, cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- All-Purpose Flour (1/2 cup)
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock (32 oz)
- Heavy Cream (1/4 cup)
- Peas (15 oz can, drained)
- Rotisserie Chicken (1, pull all of the chicken off of the bone and rip into bite-sized chunks. In case it needs to be said, discard of the bones)
- Flat Leaf Parsley (1/4 cup, minced)
- Pre-Baked Biscuits (I used 1 Pillsbury container)
- Salt and pepper
To make your pie filling:
- Over medium-low heat, melt your butter in your skillet.
- Add your onions and allow them to cook while stirring occasionally—about 10 minutes.
- Mix in your carrots, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for 5 minutes
- Mix in your flour until it is fully integrated.
- Add your chicken stock and over medium heat bring to a simmer. Let it simmer for 15 minutes giving it a stir every few minutes.
- Mix in your heavy cream.
- Mix in your peas, chicken, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
To make your biscuit topping:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350º.
- Cut those individual biscuits in half horizontally (like you would a sandwich).
- From the outside going inward, place your biscuit rounds one-by-one on top of your filling so that their sides touch both the inner edge of your pan and each other. Once you have a full ring of biscuits, repeat this in the center of your pan. (I had two rings and one whole biscuit left over for snacking on.)
- Bake for 20 minutes making sure to rotate your skillet halfway through so that your biscuits bake evenly.
- Remove from your oven and serve.
The post Easy Skillet Pot Pie by Michelle Williams appeared first on Unveiled by Zola.