|Ogoni shell livewire 2016 registration|
Finally and for the first time, the shell livewire program has been specially designed for Ogoni youths in this year 2016 edition. Application period is Monday August 15th to Friday August 26th 2016. The shell livewire program is not new in any way. The shell livewire social investment program has been "supporting bright young businesses since 1982". The program has supported over 880,000 entrepreneurs! Though it started in the Uk in 1982, it has been replicated in 24 countrues around the world where shell operates.
The shell livewire program commenced operation in Nigeria on 27th March, 2003 and is Targeted at youths in the Niger Delta states namely Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom.However, due to overwhelming demand from youths outside this region, the company decided in 2014 to expand the program nationally. The national implementation is in the pipeline and will be annoannounced in due course.
Let us hear how shell itself defines the shell livewire program:"Shell LiveWIRE is a social investment programme that aims to help young Nigerians explore the option of starting their own business as a real and viable career option.
It provides support, access to training, guidance, and business mentorship to young entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 35.
The programme operates mainly in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start up their own businesses through the provision of finance and training for young entrepreneurs."
2016 Shell Livewire OGONI APPLICATION
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2016 Livewire Nigeria Programme specifically targeted at youths in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and startup finance.
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
• Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
• Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
• Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
• Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
• Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
• Bright Ideas workshop
• Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
• Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
• Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in the following 4 Ogoni LGAs in Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, Gokana, and Khana aged between 18-35;
• Must possess a university degree or HND
• Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
• Must be resident in Rivers State;
• Must have an innovative business idea; and
• Must desire to own and manage a business.
• SPDC DOES NOT DEMAND PAYMENT FROM APPLICANTS. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
• SPDC DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email
CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA SHOULD APPLY HERE: APPLY NOW
DOWNLOAD FORM TEMPLATE IN PDF HERE
|shell ogoni livewire 2016 application format|