[This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GentleHydration #CollectiveBias]
Target is my wonderland of one-stop shopping. I go there for one thing and end up purchasing items from 5 different departments. Recently, I was shopping for some of my favorite skin care items, including Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream, and I dreamt up some ways I could spice up my bathroom to make it more spa-like.
My skin has been in utter chaos mode with the weather going from warm to cold and back again in a matter of days. Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream has been keeping my body and face hydrated and comfortable through the weather changes. I keep my big jar of product in my bathroom front and center on display because I reach for it so often. Since I believe your home should be your haven, I came up with a quick, easy, inexpensive way to jazz up your bathroom shelving. I’ve got the full tutorial inside of how I went from “plain jane” to “spa by the beach.”
You will need:
- Burlap fabric
- Scissors/craft cutter
- Synthetic flowers
- LED tea lights
- Small mirror plate
- Glass vase or decorative jar
Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream
- Start off with plain shelving. You don’t need anything expensive or over-the-top. You can even use a unit you already have that just needs sprucing up, which is what I chose to do.
- Grab all of the supplies listed above so you are ready to go.
- Using your scissors or craft cutter, cut the burlap fabric into the size of your shelf unit. I eyeballed mine and used my scissors to cut off any small additional pieces as needed. Place the burlap fabric onto the shelf.
- Using the seashells that you bought (you can find them in the decor section of Target or any store) or collected yourself (if you’re lucky enough to live near the beach), place them inside your glass vase or decorative jar.
- Using your scissors, cut the synthetic flowers down to fit into the jar of seashells and your shelving. You can place more seashells into the vase after the flowers are in to keep them steady
- Place your small mirror plate (found near the candle section) into your shelf and place the vase filled with seashells and flowers on top of it. Open your LED tea lights and place them on top of the mirror around the vase. The mirror reflects the lighting and makes it look super relaxing and gorgeous. These tea lights are also much safer and long-lasting than actual candles, but give off the same ambient effect.
- Place your Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream and other products on the shelving.
The result is shelving that looks exactly like any spa you’ve ever visited. It’s inviting, calming, and soothing nature makes you want to reach for your skincare products even more than you already do.
I also like that in this case, the atmosphere of the decor matches the product I love and use. Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream is great for sensitive skin because it’s so gentle. It’s rich, non-greasy, fragrance free, and non-irritating. I use this all over my legs, arms, and chest area which are especially dry, but it’s also great for the elbows, knees, and neck area.
Since the formula has emollients and humectants that bind water to the skin and prevent moisture loss, a little bit goes a long way. I typically open my jar and use a dollop of product to start with and add as I go along. I love having moisturized skin that looks and feels healthy.
So where can you find this amazing product while you’re sprucing up your bathroom shelves? The Target skincare section has these incredible end caps that make everything easy to find and pick up.
Mine came right from the end cap and was actually the last one stocked there, thankfully you can also find Cetaphil® products in the beauty/skincare aisle.
You can find this end cap and Cetaphil® products in the skincare section of your local Target stores, just as you see above.
Right after I took these pictures, I also went back and added my other Cetaphil® products onto the shelf. I’ve been using Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser for years now, and just started using the new Cetaphil® Daily Hydrating Face Lotion. This little DIY project just makes everything look sweeter.
The difference is dramatic in both the shelving and how Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream will make your skin feel.
If you were spicing up your own bathroom to make it more aesthetically pleasing and spa-like, what would you add?
Visit the Social Hub here for more Cetaphil® inspiration!
[ALL PHOTOGRAPHY ON THIS SITE IS TAKEN BY REBECCA KAZIMIR. NO PHOTOGRAPHS ARE TO BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION.]