To say I’m obsessed with Halloween is an understatement. So when my friend Elaine texted me and Elizabeth asking if we wanted to dress up as Clueless for a Halloween costume I immediately responded with a major yes! Combing one of the best movies ever with my favorite holiday? It was a no brainer!
In true fashion blogger spirit, we couldn’t choose just one look from the ’90s classic. So we decided to dress up as Cher, Dionne and Tai from the movie poster and the scene where the fab trio is walking through school talking about boys.
“Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie.”
In case you want to dress up as Cher Horowtiz for Halloween, here’s what I used for my DIY costume:
- Blonde wig: I was so impressed with the quality for the price! We ended up cutting it to make it a bit shorter like Cher’s hair
- Little red dress: I ordered a mini that I can wear again in real life
- Red pumps: I found my Mary Janes on Poshmark but these platforms would work really well
- Feather boa: All about free shipping!
- Feather pens: I shared this with Di and Tai
- Vintage cell phones: Elaine had some miraculously stashed in her house but these would work
- Over the knee socks: I found inexpensive options in every color
- Button-up shirt: Cher wore blue but I just pulled one from my closet
- Sweater vest: This was the hardest to find but I managed to get one on Poshmark
- Button-front skirt: Luckily this trend is majorly back!
A huge thank you to Elaine for putting this idea together (she loves Halloween even more than I do!). And she is such a rock star that she created a fun video on her YouTube channel. Happy Halloween loves!
“And in conclusion may I please remind you it does not say R.S.V.P. on the Statue of Liberty. Thank you very much.”
Photos by Jonathan Villanueva
Click here for more adult Halloween costume ideas!
The post Clueless Halloween: A Group DIY Adult Costume Idea appeared first on Sydne Style.