Self Esteem vs confidence… So, what’s the difference, and why does it matter anyway? Well up until this point you may have used these words interchangeably however, there are differences and very distinct differences to them both.
It is important to note that it is sometimes difficult to have one without the other.
The other thing to note is that once you truly get to work to build them both up you will become unstoppable.
And who wouldn’t want to be unstoppable!? I mean anything you touch turns to gold? Ok okay…I digress…
You see many times in life we have specific things that we want or would love to have. In my opinion, it is nearly impossible to have a life you truly desire without self-esteem and confidence because they both have to do with your mindset which is crucial to success.
So let’s dig into the difference between self-esteem and confidence, the benefits of both, why they are equally as important, and HOW to get them.
Self esteem vs confidence
So, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty girl! What exactly is the difference between the two?
What’s Self Esteem?
Self Esteem- Self-esteem can also go by a few other terms such as “self-worth” or “self-respect.” The psychological definition of self-esteem is used to describe a person’s overall self-worth or sense of personal value.
In laymen’s terms it’s basically how much you like and appreciate yourself.
This also involves what you believe about yourself like your appearance, beliefs, emotions, and the way you behave.
Additionally, it refers to what you believe you are worthy of attaining (from a personal success standpoint)
In a nutshell here are some examples of self esteem categories.
- Body image
- Your capabilities
- Your attitude
- Your outlook on life
- What you believe about yourself
- What you believe you can accomplish or what you’re worthy of having
What about confidence?
Confidence- Here is the dictionaries definition of confidence however, I like to break it down a little bit more.
First things first…there are many different categories of confidence which I had actually laid out in one of my prior confidence posts HERE.
And while confidence may seem like a one size fits all term it’s truly more complex than that.
As a whole confidence refers to your certainty or trust in yourself about your ability to perform, or “handle” a situation.
For instance, if you have high self-confidence you may be certain that you can handle anything that is thrown your way.
Which is a POWERFUL way to live.
Just imagine if you went through life knowing no matter WHAT comes your way you can handle it?
You would live a fearless life, and why is this important? because most of our anguish, anxiety, worry, and all those no-good feelings come from FEAR in our capabilities!
Confidence can also be as simple as being confident in driving your car or brushing your teeth. You know you can complete these tasks so you do not worry about them getting done.
You feel me?
Biting your nails about not being as confident as you should? Don’t worry I got you!Click Here!!!
- Self Esteem Vs Confidence And Why They’re Both Extraordinarily Important
- The 7 Priceless Rules For How To Be More Confident At Work
- How Confident Are You? Take The Quiz!
- How to Build Exceptional Confidence When You Have None.
- When You’re Low On Self Esteem Here Are 11 Brilliant Ways To Get It Back
- The Surprising Key To Becoming A Positive Person
The benefits of high self esteem
I could go on for days, but some of the key benefits to high self esteem are.
- You are able to live in the present and avoid “rearview window syndrome”
- You can easily express your needs
- You are able to say “no” and be assertive
- You have an accurate sense of self-worth however, you’re not conceited
- You are positive
- You see your strengths and weaknesses and embrace them both
- You love who you are therefore have boundaries, and standards
Not sure what your self-esteem level is? Click HERE to read the 7 warning signs of low self-esteem.
The benefits of a high confidence level
So let’s talk a little about the benefits of high self confidence…
- Freedom from self-doubt
- Freedom from negative thoughts about yourself
- Your willingness to take smart risks
- You can leave fearlessly
- You will have less anxiety
- It will be easy for you to move outside of your comfort zone
- You can accomplish your true desires easier
So, that sounds great! However, where do I start to get it?
Now didn’t I tell you that I had you covered?! This is no fluff and absolutely FREE because I am on a mission to empower each and every lady I can because the world needs your best!
Click here for more info
I truly hope you have gained some incredible insight into self-esteem vs confidence.
Working on your confidence even just a little bit can change your life immensely!
Let’s keep the convo going! Would you pretty please comment, rate, and share below? I would be forever grateful.
So Many Blessings,
Level up Lady
The post Self Esteem Vs Confidence And Why They’re Both Extraordinarily Important appeared first on Level up Lady.