Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of the links below are affiliate links meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you purchase something using the link. Read the full disclaimer policy here.
I hope everyone is having a good month. Or should I say as good as you can. It is amazing that this year of 2020 is grinding to a close. It’s been a tough one — but we can always do what we can to make our days better.
One way to enjoy yourself is yummy food. Today is National Pasta Day and October is both National Seafood Month and National Pasta Month. That leaves lots of ways to celebrate this day and month.
Today’s recipe covers all three!
It’s Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli with Penne Pasta.
Lemony roasted shrimp and vegetables brighten up this easy pasta dish. A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes adds just enough heat to round out the flavors of this satisfying meal.
Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli with Penne Pasta
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice divided
- 2 T. honey preferably local
- 1 t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 12- oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- 1 16- oz. box penne pasta
- 1 lbs. shrimp peeled and deveined, tail removed
- 2 t. fresh lemon zest preferably organic
- ½ c. Parmesan cheese freshly grated, divided
- 2 T. fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, two tablespoons lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Combine broccoli and red onion in a large bowl and pour two-thirds of the lemony olive oil mixture on top. Toss until vegetables are evenly coated before spreading into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Do not overcrowd.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender and starting to brown on the edges.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the pasta according to package directions in generously salted water. When pasta is finished cooking, reserve one-half cup of the cooking liquid and set aside. Drain and rinse the pasta, then return to the pot. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Just before the vegetables are removed from the oven, toss the shrimp with the remaining olive oil mixture in the same mixing bowl used earlier. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn the vegetables with a spatula. Add the seasoned shrimp to the baking sheet and carefully spread the shrimp and vegetables into a single layer without overcrowding.
- Return to oven and roast for another 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through and opaque. Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and pour the roasted shrimp and vegetables into the pot with the cooked pasta. Add the remaining lemon juice, lemon zest, half the Parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and the reserved cooking liquid. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Want Other Pasta Recipes?
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- 5-Cheese Meaty Lasagna
Loving Life — The Reboot!
The post National Pasta Day: Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli with Penne Pasta appeared first on Tales of the Rebooted Realigned Mom MD.