ePan Note: Before you apply for a new PAN card make sure you do not have any PAN card issued to you in the past. Having more than one PAN Card will attract a penalty of Rs 10,000 under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act.
Now you can get a Permanent Account Number (PAN) in just 10 minutes. Using this process you will get e-PAN in Pdf Format which you can print and use it as any other PAN Card. In case you need Physical Pan Card you will be paying Rs.50/- to get the physical PAN Card. In this digital India, you don’t need any physical PAN as Epan pdf can be printed and submitted as and when required.
Important Points to Remember:
- You don’t need to upload any document to get e-PAN
- You don’t need to pay for e-PAN its FREE!
- This is only applicable for anyone who never applied for PAN Card in the past.
- Minors will not be able to apply for e-PAN
- You will be able to apply for an e-PAN only if your full date of birth in DDMMYYYY format is in the Aadhar database.
- You also need to have linked your mobile Number to generate OTP.
Now, if you fulfill all the above conditions, follow the steps below to get PAN Card online.
Get e-PAN Online in 10 Minutes: Follow Steps
- Visit the e-filing portal and click on the “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section under “Quick Links” on the left side.
- Click “Get New PAN” on the new page.
- Enter your Adhar card number for the new PAN card
- Type the Captcha code to generate an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
- Enter the OTP Received on your Adhar Linked Mobile
- Verify Aadhaar details.
- You will also have an option to verify your email address for the PAN card application.
- After the successful eKYC, you will be allotted an instant e-PAN.
You can download the e-PAN in pdf format by submitting the Aadhaar number at “Check Status/ Download PAN”. If you have your email address registered you will also get the e-PAN pdf in your email attachment. By using these above steps you will have the e-PAN within 10 minutes.
In the last union budget govt. has announced interchangeability on PAN and Adhar for many transactions. In the future, you might be able to open a bank account with your Aadhar card.