Conscious Life Space
You can make these delicious easy to make treats and bring them to your holiday celebration or make and give them as gifts to friends and family. Here are two favorite recipes – cookies that look like snowballs with delicious ingredients including almonds and butter that make these cookies melt in your mouth and one of the most requested and beloved recipes that I’ve made for friends and colleagues throughout the years – very very Chocolate brownies.
Best holiday goodies ever right here - brownies and melt in your mouth buttery almond snowball cookies. #recipes #delicious #fooddeliciousness
Click To Tweet
Recipes and Food Deliciousness from Conscious Life Space
Let’s start with the Snowball cookies. You can get these started and in the oven. Then as they are baking make the brownie batter. Your cookies will be out of the oven and you can pop in the brownie tray.
Snowball Holiday Cookies [Polvorones aka Mexican Wedding Cookies]
Depending on where you are in the world you would call these cookies or biscuits. Whatever you call them, they are delicious.
Snowballs [Mexican Wedding Cookies]
Mexican Wedding Cookies are not limited to weddings. They are delicious melt in your mouth butter and almond cookies. They make a great gift during the holidays and throughout the year. They are easy to make too.
- 1 cup butter (200 grams*)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar + 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chooped or coarsely ground almonds (200 grams *)
- Preheat oven to 375F or 200C
- Mix the butter, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar together until smooth creamy
- Combine the flour, salt and chopped almonds together in a bowl
- Gradually but quickly add the flour/nut mixture to the creamy butter bowl and blend by hand or on low speed with a blender
- If you are using a large bowl simply knead by hand (don’t overdo this) to blend all ingredients or you can turn the dough onto a board and knead. Less handling is better.
- Form the dough into small balls (1 inch or 2+cm)
- Place the balls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper or directly on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until set but not brown
- Cool slightly
- Roll each ball in the 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Let cool throughly and roll the cookies in the powdered sugar a second time
Note: *=1 cup is equal to 225 grams but most places that sell butter or nuts in grams don’t sell them in odd increments so when this recipe is made I use 200 grams not 225 and they are delicious.
Homemade Very Chocolate Brownies
You can make this recipe with or without nuts. Another alternative is to add just 1 drop of mint oil into the batter for mint brownies (use caution with mint it is very potent.) If you don’t want to use essential oils since they are so potent, replace one of the chocolate bars that are melted with a chocolate mint bar.
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup of butter (115 grams)
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (100 grams)
- 1 small bar of baking chocolate (100 grams)
- 50 grams of cocoa powder
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F or 175C
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl
- Mix the vanilla, eggs and sugar together
- Melt the butter in a double boiler (see notes if you don’t have a double boiler) and add the cocoa powder and chocolate bars, stir continually until smooth and creamy
- Add the chocolate mix to the bowl with the sugar mixture – stir well
- Add the flour mixture to the creamy butter bowl and blend by hand or on low speed with a blender
- Add the nuts
- Line your pan with baking paper or grease the pan
- Pour into a small square or small rectangular pan lined with baking paper
- Bake for 20-30 minutes – use a toothpick to test the center – it should come out clean when they are done
- Cool throughly and eat em up
Notes: No fancy equipment? If you don’t have a double boiler than simply boil water in one pot slightly larger than another – don’t add too much water take caution with this, you don’t want the water to rise too high – place your smaller pot inside before you boil the water so you are sure you have the correct amount of water. Add ingredients to melt and mix.
Share your images of your baked goods in the comments or let us know what you think of this recipe.
Stay in touch, you can find and/or follow Conscious Life Space on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest and share effectual media with your friends and family. Want to keep up to date with our latest articles and information? Keep in touch when you sign-up for our monthly newsletter and periodic announcements and offers.
Support Conscious Life Space
Help us provide the best information and solutions when you support us. Your support helps! There are a number of ways that you can support Conscious Life Space:
Buy an item from our private label apparel line. Here are some of our made to order featured products.
Make a Donation
If you’d like to support Conscious Life Space and our mission, please consider making a donation.
The post Let the festivities begin with Snowball Cookies and Beyond Chocolate Brownies appeared first on Conscious Life Space.