Hey hi! Yes, we know…our Mother’s Day data viz is a little less than- er- timely. But HEY! We got it in before Father’s Day, and doesn’t that just make sense to parents far and wide?
A few REALLY exciting things happened between the beginning of our data collection and NOW.
- We officially moved! We now have a Philadelphia address in the sweetest little neighborhood we could imagine. What’s up, East Falls?!
- The school year ended! We’re not sure if this is exciting or exhausting or overwhelming…or somewhere in between? Parents, you feel us?
- We decided to kick off our Everyday Data campaign! Learn more about this and join the team SOON.
But enough about us, let’s talk about YOU. The amazing Mamas who answered our Make My Mother’s Day survey. You guys rocked our whole week with over 40 responses. THANK YOU! As you may recall, we asked you how many kids you had and what their ages were. In addition, we gave you a handful of options for your ideal mother’s day plans. What did we do with the information? Well…
- First, we ranked your stage of motherhood from 1-4. 1 being, you have a tiny human under the age of 5—all the way through a 4, being you have big kids that have survived and left the nest (way to go you)! We should note, that this stage was assigned based on your youngest child.
- Next, we made a point system for your mother’s day activity responses. 10pts-80pts depending on our (subjective) assigned Pampering level. If you answered with more than one preferred “gift” or “activity”, we simply added those points together. This gave us your “required (and much deserved) mother’s day pampering level”!
So WHY CODE this viz? Do a little clicking around, and we’ll let you see for yourself.
The most FUN part of all—
As you can see, the x-axis represents Level of Pampering Required (remember our point system) and the y-axis represents Number of Children. The color scale from 1-4 is your Stage of Motherhood.
Some take-aways…via GIF:
- Moms in the 1st stage of motherhood with 4 children or more require the most pampering…obviously.
- Mamas of a tribe who have all left the nest, generally require less pampering. Most of these responses were “brunch with the whole family”. You made it. You’re our heroes.
- Most of our mamas are in the trenches with 2 kids in the 1st stage of motherhood, but require only a moderate level of pampering. You earned it.
Feeling like you missed out on the fun? Don’t! Join our Everyday Data Team coming THIS MONTH! You’ll be a permanent survey responder and help us answer all sorts of lifestyle questions with DATA.