Whether you listen in the car, at the gym, while cleaning the house, or at the beach, audiobooks are an awesome way to pass the time.
We would all love to have the time to read every book on our must-read list, but listening to Audiobooks is a much more realistic way to enjoy everything from the classics to titles on The New York Times’ Bestseller List for us busy AF folks.
How to Listen to Audiobooks
If you are new to the world of listening to audiobooks there are a variety of ways to enjoy them –from listening on your phone, tablet, computer, and on most devices and speakers using Bluetooth. The least expensive option is borrowing audiobooks from your local library. Most libraries use Overdrive to manage downloading and listening. Of course, you can buy audiobooks from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or Apple Books. My favorite way to listen is via Audible. Audible offers monthly plans that fit your listening profile and there’s an app for it as well. Need a place to get started? Check out The New York Times Bestsellers on Audible.
Listen to Celebs Read Audiobooks
The perfect storm of any audiobook is the intersection between a compelling story and a great narrator. And while there are a plethora of incredible narrators out there in the audiobook marketplace, why not listen to a tale told by some of our favorite celebs? You might be surprised at the A-list celebrities who are also audiobook narrators. Narration is a form of acting, so it’s really not that much of a stretch that actors are naturals at narration.
11 Amazing Audiobooks Read by Celebrities
Here are just a few of the recommended audiobooks read by some or your favorite actors. Check them out and get listening.
1. “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Narrated by Jake Gyllenhaal
2. “The Handmaid’s Tale” by Margaret Atwood, narrated by Claire Danes
3. “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Brontë, narrated by Thandie Newton
4. “Anna Karenina” by Leo Tolstoy, narrated by Maggie Gyllenhaal
5. “The Princess Diarist” by Carrie Fisher, narrated by Carrie Fisher
6. “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee, narrated by Sissy Spacek
7. “The End of the Affair” by Graham Greene, narrated by Colin Firth
8. “Dracula” by Bram Stoker, narrated by Alan Cumming and others
9. “Lolita” by Vladimir Nabokov, narrated by Jeremy Irons
10. “Death in a White Tie” by Ngaio Marsh, narrated by Benedict Cumberbatch
11. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen, narrated by Rosamund Pike
Related on EcoSalon
The 3 Best Audiobooks for Getting Woke in 2017
20 Best iPhone Apps to Help You Save Cash
7 Cool Ideas for DIY Bookends You Can Make
The post 11 Celebrity Narrated Must-Listen Audiobooks appeared first on EcoSalon.