Not long ago, I wrote about DroidCam which can turn the camera on your Android smartphone into Webcam for your Windows or Linux computer, to be used in Skype, Zoom, and other applications that utilize a webcam.
The main limitation of DroidCam is that, right now, it does not work with Apple's product. You cannot use it to capture and stream video from iPhone or iPad, nor use it as webcam in iMac or MacBook.
Not to worry, because there are alternatives to DroidCam that can also work with Apple's product, such as Iruin.
Similar to DroidCam, in order to make use of the camera of your smartphone as webcam for your computer with Iruin, you will need to install the Iruin webcam app in your phone, and then install Iruin webcam software in your computer.
- Click here to install Iruin from Google Play Store
- Click here to install Iruin from Apple App Store
- Click here to download Iruin for Windows
- Click here to download Iruin for Mac
- Click here to download Iruin for Ubuntu
It is simple, yet powerful. It's free version can support high resolution and even 4k video (3840 x 2160). I found its video brighter, clearer and finer than DroidCam too.
To use Iruin as your webcam, just select "Iruin Webcam" as your video camera source. Below is an example of how to set it in Zoom.
You might probably also be interested to read about:
- Using Android phone's camera as webcam for computer with DroidCam