If you are like most people, you normally throw away the Banana Peel when you are finished eating the banana. Well, think again before your peel ends up in the garbage, as it is useful in many different ways!
- Oil and stain remover — Rub the peel on stained kitchen utensils. The dirt and oil will come out easily.
- Leather polisher — Use the peel on leather products such as shoes and jackets. It revives the shine and prolongs the life of the product.
- Silver polisher — Rub it on silverware. The oxidation will come off, and your pieces will shine like new.
- Ink remover — If you get ink on your skin, rub it with a banana peel. The oil in the peel will break down the ink and remove it effectively.
- Car freshener — If your car smells, place a banana peel inside to absorb the odor, but remember to change the peel!
- Itchy skin — Chemicals in a banana peel can suppress fungus and bacterial growth. There are three ways to use the peel for this remedy:
- Rub the inside of the peel directly on the area.
- Pound the peel into a paste and apply it to the area.
- Boil the peel in a small amount of water and use it to rinse the area.
- Oral ulcers — Boil a dried banana peel with the Chinese herb Huo Tan Mu (Polygonum Chinesis Herba). Next, add some brown sugar to make a tea. Drink this preparation a few times a day and the ulcer will disappear.
- A hangover — Boil about 60 grams of banana peel in water for 10 minutes and drink it when it has cooled. It will relieve your headache and other hangover symptoms.
- Mosquito bite — Rubbing the bite with a banana peel will sooth itchiness.
- Plant polisher — Rubbing an indoor plant with dull leaves with a banana peel can
restore their shine.
- Organic fertilizer – A banana peel is rich in minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Burying a peel in the soil can improve plant growth.
- Ripener – Placing a banana peel with raw fruit in a paper bag can hasten the ripening time to just one day.
Watch this video from KarterMD on how to use banana skins:
Edited by: David Clapp
LIKE us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter.
Subscribe to our weekly email
The post Life Hacks: 14 Banana Peel Uses appeared first on The Vision Times.