The US dollar took a break but eventually renewed its strength, with new seven month highs against the euro and the loonie. Mark Carney and Mario Draghi’s speeches, US Durable Goods Orders, and GDP data from the UK and the US. These are the major events on forex calendar.
- German Ifo Business Climate: Tuesday, 8:00. Economists expect a further rise to 109.6.
- US CB Consumer Confidence: Tuesday, 14:00. U.S. consumer confidence is expected to decline to 101.5 this time.
- Mark Carney speaks Tuesday, 14:35. BOE Governor Mark Carney will speak in London before the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee about the economic consequences of the Brexit Vote.
- Mario Draghi speaks Tuesday, 15:30. ECB President Mario Draghi will make a speech in Berlin. Market volatility is expected.
- US Crude Oil Inventories: Wednesday, 14:30.
- UK GDP data: Thursday, 8:30. The third quarter growth rate is expected to reach 0.3%.
- US Durable Goods Orders: Thursday, 12:30. Orders for durable goods are expected to increase be 0.1% in September, while core orders are predicted to gain 0.2%.
- US Unemployment Claims: Thursday, 12:30. The number of new unemployment claims is expected to reach 261,000 this week.
- US GDP data: Friday, 12:30. The estimates for GDP growth in the third quarter are around 2.5%.