About Qtum (QTUM)
Qtum is an open sourced public blockchain platform, leveraging the security of UTXO while enabling multiple virtual machines including EVM and the revolutionary x86 VM. Qtum is PoS based and boasts a Decentralized Governance Protocol (DGP) which allows specific blockchain settings to be modified by making use of smart contracts. For instance, the block size of Qtum can be increased without the need of a hard fork.
Best 5 Wallet For Storing Qtum
1. Ledger Nano S (hardware wallet)
Ledger Nano S is the usual choice when storing a QTUM offline in a hardware Wallet. The main purpose of this QTUM-compatible wallet is security, and the secret key is stored in a security element protected by a PIN code.
You can also manually check the transaction using the button and the OLED display. Two-factor authentication is also supported.
Click Here To Download
2. Qtum Core (desktop and mobile wallet)
QTUM official desktop and mobile wallet Qtum Core is suitable for a suitable wallet. Qtum Core can be downloaded from the Qtum project website and can be used on the following platforms. Windows 64-bit, Windows 32-bit, Mac, Linux operating system
Android smartphone Unfortunately, as of this article (March 8, 2018), apps for iOS users are not available.
The setup process is very simple and relatively easy to use after each installation. You can easily send, receive and retain funds. The app also supports smart contracts.
Qtum project website,
3. Qtum Electrum (desktop wallet)
The second version of the desktop wallet is Qtum Electrum, which can also be downloaded from the Qtum website. This security wallet is designed for Windows and Mac operating systems and is focused on speed and simplicity.
If you want access to cold storage, it includes support for multiple signatures for increased security and integration with hardware wallets.
A starting number of 12 words is created that can be used to restore the wallet during installation, and the wallet is simple and convenient for most users.
But for those who are not encrypted, other wallets may be easier to understand.
4. Bitpie (mobile wallet)
Bitpie is a multi-channel mobile phone that supports numerous intrigues such as QTUM, Bitcoins (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC). With the help of friendship, this wallet can not only manage your limited abilities but also send and receive payment.
Bitpie offers built-in crust based on multi-technology technology. This allows you to purchase and sell ciphers at the exchange. The hierarchical definition (HD) currency is supported by a 12 word recovery. PIN protection is also included, and management of private key is maintained.
However, Bitpie has customer knowledge (KYC) know-how incorporated therein, which may not be an attractive feature for users with high privacy priorities.
5. Qtum Web Wallet (web wallet)
It’s hard to go through the Qtum Web Wallet so you can quickly and easily access your QTUM token. This official wallet emphasizes simplicity. You do not need to be a technical or cryptographic expert to use it, everything from configuration to everyday use is processed with minimal interference
All the necessary information is clearly and accurately displayed, but the user interface is quite simple in terms of design. New users need to know that web wallets pose a greater security risk than desktop and standalone wallets. Therefore, it is important to always pay attention to safety.
Qtum Web Wallet
Tips for securely storing your QTUM
- Consider offline storage. Storing your private keys offline in a cold wallet is the best way to ensure the security of your funds. If you’ve got a large balance of tokens, you may wish to move the bulk of them into offline storage for extra peace of mind.
- Do your research. Don’t just choose the first wallet you come across; do some research about the security features it offers, whether the provider that offers it is reputable and whether it has ever had any security breaches.
- Watch out for scam wallets. Another trap to be wary of is the scam wallet. Online criminals will try to trap unsuspecting users by setting up fake web wallets or apps.
- Take advantage of all available security features. If your wallet offers optional security features, for example two-factor authentication, make sure to take advantage of them and increase your level of protection.
- Update your antivirus protection. Make sure that the antivirus and malware protection software on all your devices is up to date to safeguard against the latest threats.
- Think about your password. Instead of just lazily entering your usual favourite password, take the time to create a long password featuring a variety of different characters.
- Keep your private keys to yourself. You need your private keys to access your crypto tokens and coins, so make sure you store your keys securely and never share them with anyone else.
The post Best 5 Wallet For Qtum (QTUM) To Store Qtum Safely appeared first on Coinworldstory.