So much on my mind today, maybe it'd fare to share.
1. Apparently Microsoft are working on a solution to store digital material in DNA, and it's going well! They're aiming to put a thousand billion gigabytes in a single Gram. O_O Apparently, this guy managed to cram 700 TB worth of data into a gram of DNA back in 2012 so that's... a lot of progress! I wish I had a gram of artificial DNA myself. No need to buy all those expensive HDs...
2. I wonder if Old Town in Sin City is based on Gamla Stan (by wording, at least).
3. Jean-Michel Jarre and Edward Snowden are making Techno music now! Exit.
4. The guy behind YTS just had an AMA on Reddit, check it.
5. I learned a new word. Wizened: wrinkled with age. Wisening up huh?
6. The Behemoth are working on a new game! Pit People. It looks good.
7. I had this weird issue where my dictionaries for spell-check appeared three times in the 'select language' list, and where spellcheck displayed options even outside of text-areas. Turns out this was due to the multi Links plugin. At least I think it was. I turned it off, and now it's working! And I haven't tried turning it on again...
8. I was planning to Write about my dreams earlier today. I know I had a few interesting ones, but I was too sleepy, so I didn't get up in time to write, and now that I have to write... they're all very much forgotten. Shame.
9. Google 'minute timer' if you ever need a timer. That search engine is just packed with useful stuff.
10. Here's an interview with that one Irish rapper you might have seen in a few Musicalish posts earlier: Lucky.
11. That download Limit on NG, does that really need to be there? I found an artist who I decided to download the audio from, and it took me at least half an hour (80 tracks at 3 per minute) just for that! And there's a lot of great music in the AP. These limitations really complicate the collection process. The most annoying thing is how, if you try to download again too early, the counter seems to be reset so you have to wait an additional minute once again! And you can't get any proper work done having to click three links every one minute, rather than click them all at once. It takes ages. Yet you can watch a MP4 online, in high quality, with no interruptions at all. Surely that takes MUCH more bandwidth?
If the limit can't be lifted, would you consider limiting download speed instead, so you can at least initiate all downloads at once, and then have them complete at a pace which doesn't have a too heavy impact on the site's bandwidth/infrastructure? Or as suggested earlier, maybe remove (or increase) the limit for Supporters? I remember there was a limit way back in the day to how much you could download in a specific day, and though I was happy when that disappeared, that too would be an easier way than limited minute downloads. Maybe a minute limit after a certain amount has been downloaded?
I'd be interested to know why the limit was added at all too. Wonder if it could have anything to do with Geometry Dash? Increased bandwidth costs with managed hosted? And I was planning to post this thing as a topic, but wth, admins seem to be ignoring any mentions of this particular limitation. Maybe there's a reason for it.
12. I watched Expendables 3 again, right after the first two I Posted reviews to... oh wait, I haven't posted those yet. But anyway, I thought about reviewing this one again. Still thinking about it. I already have a review for it though. Feels unnecessary. But watching the third after the former two it feels like I have a bit more to say. I caught a few more references. Maybe later.
13. Eva Green really has the most aggressive roles. You wouldn't think she's the quite type of person. And I really need to watch the second Sin City again. Don't think I appreciated it nearly enough last time (because I know I didn't appreciate the first enough the first).
14. Useful VCam resources here, here and here.
15. Resident Evil hit 20 years this year, and so did GameFaqs! Wish I had more time to celebrate. With a marathon for the former, and a boost of activity on the latter. I have a few guides I could post too.
16. A couple of dance GIFs with sites of their own here and here. Not sure where I'd get to post those individually.
17. Mortal beings answer I am Good. God answers I am God.
18. I was aiming to get the 666,666th audio ID on NG but aaargh I missed it! So much music lately...
19. Check this out. Worlds most powerful mini computer ever! If I had some surplus cash I'd definitely get one.
20. Story behind CTRL ALT DEL link.
21. That Youtube experiment went well! I don't even feel the urge now. Well, maybe a little, but I'm resisting. I'm with the resistance. You see all I have time for now! Other forms of distraction hmm.
And in a few years, I bet half of the links I posted here won't exist anymore. The dynamics of the Internet never seize to baffle me with their lack of siezelessness. Eternal shame.