Both teachers and parents are the pillars in the life of our children. Teachers in fact teach all the other professions and mould the kids to follow the righteous path of life. Behind every successful child there are his/her teachers and parents who leave no stones unturned to bring out the best in every child.
But there are certain circumstances that teachers are blamed by the parents in case students do not perform better. Instead of blaming teachers it is advisable that parents have certain code of conduct and discipline while they deal with their children.
Teachers also on the other hand expect certain things from the parents in order to bring out the optimum performance from the students:
1. Discipline: Discipline is the most famous aspect in any person’s life and it is vital that this aspect should be inculcated in the childhood years. Teachers expect that parents should develop discipline in their children from early ages itself. As most of the time children are under the guidance and supervision of parents so the teachers expect that the kids who have sense of discipline at their home will follow the same aspect at School which will enhance their performance. Support school rules and policies.
2. Punctuality: Teachers do expect that parents should make the child understand the value of time. As time is money, children should be made aware at the very early age that time lost cannot be found again. Child that understands value of time will utilize time in optimistic manner and thus would tend to reap gains in future.
3. Look after physical condition: Parents are expected to prepare their child’s physical condition that includes children get good hours of sleep before they go to school and kids are physically fit and fine.
4. Get engaged in school activities: It is expected from the parents that they engage themselves in certain school activities and important events. As a parent is advisable that one does the best to participate and attend events such as parent teacher meetings, school annual day function, culmination program etc. in order to get updates of the child’s performance.
5. Provide good home environment for studying: In schooling days learning does not stop in school. It is expected from the parents that they provide aura for their child’s study. They should see that the kid’s home work is completed in time and the child is regular in studies.
6. Prepare them well for tests and exams: Most of the parents think that studies happen in school and they as a parent have no role to play but this is not true as teachers do expect that parents monitor their child’s study and prepare them for their exams.
7. Set good example: Show to children with actions that education is enjoyable and useful. Monitor the television viewing of the child and restrict the use of video games to minimum.
8. Encourage the child: It is foremost duty and responsibility of the parent to encourage the child to do their best in the examination by making them believe that education is important. Also one should not put pressure on them by setting goals that are too high or by scheduling umpteen numbers of activities.
9. Approach teachers in case there is any problem: Strike iron when it is hot. In other words approach teachers immediately in case you find any problem with the behavior of the child.
10. Accept your responsibility as parents: Do not expect the school and teachers to take the obligation as parents. Teach children self discipline and respect for others.
It is with the efforts of both teachers and parents the child catapults to the ladder of success and development.