Your very own mailing list is the most critical asset you will have as an online business owner. The amount of traffic you direct towards your ‘opt-in’ along with the number of Subscribers on your list will have a direct impact on how successful you are in making a significant income online. In many ways, your list represents the size of your market reach. As such, list building should be one of your top priorities when developing and implementing your marketing strategies. Here are 5 ways for you to approach list building effectively.
1. Put list building ‘in front’ of your business – make it a top priority. From now on, focus everything you do around building your list. Whether its article marketing, PPC marketing, social media marketing, or any other marketing strategy you are using, make sure are promoting your list is embedded in your strategy. If your efforts are not concentrated on building a list, change your strategy.
2. Direct traffic to your opt-in. This may sound trivial, but I have seen many online marketers focus on driving traffic to an affiliate website, perhaps a blog where the opt-in form is not prominent or a page where they are selling a product. If you have an opt-in page – send your traffic to it. If you are sending traffic to a page without an opt-in, reconsider your strategy today and put a form on that page. If you have a blog, let visitors know about the opt-in on the blog. You will not get any subscribers if you have no visitors to your opt-in page.
3. Provide an attractive offer as a way of getting visitor to subscribe. Stick to items that provide added value and that are not available anywhere else. It could be a digital item you have created or an email course. The key is to grab the visitors attention and show them what benefits the subscription will provide.
4. Build a relationship with your list members and avoid constant sales tactics. Consider your subscribers a group of colleagues with whom you regularly communicate. Always provide helpful and valuable information to your subscribers. If you do so, you will build the trust that is required for your subscribers to remain on your list.
5. Let your subscribers know that they need to take action. Point them to where they can get additional information or to whatever action it is you want them to take. Otherwise, you will not monetize your list. If you build that relationship and establish the trust needed to keep your subscribers, they will be more likely to take action.
Your subscribers will remain loyal and less likely to click the unsubscribe link if you build a relationship and follow the tips in this article.
Find More List Building Articles