It is no wonder that your message may be getting lost out there. How do you compete with the 21 minutes of ads run hourly on television, advertising on every website and emails like this one piling up in your inbox? Prospects and clients are getting buried with messages from every direction.
In “the old days” it used to be that you could see a message 5-8 times and it would be remembered. In the modern digital world it is important to have your message appear numerous times a week or maybe a day to stay top of mind!
So, you ask – how do I do it?
First and foremost, you must have a plan. As part of your plan it is important to have basic regular touch points to clients and prospects.
This will sound a little self-serving, but you need to have an online presence. An effective online presence does NOT mean just a static website you built three years ago and have not updated.
Online Must Have’s:
– Dynamic Website that has new content weekly
– A mobile website. This is not a plugin a designer added your site, this is a true mobile site
– At least 10 directory listings that are updated monthly
– A LinkedIn page that is updated weekly
– An active Google+ page. This may not be important to your clients, but it is to Google and other search engines
– A Facebook Fan Page that you post to 4 – 6 times a week
Once you have developed your regularly scheduled touch points, it is time to build the other ways to connect:
– Newsletters – a great way to provide updates and stay top of mind
– Webinars – how to reach clients and prospects with important information
– Videos – this really should be on the must have list, but every business needs to have a suite of videos. We recommend 24. Yes, 24.
– Press Releases – One of the best ways to get quality back links today is modern, syndicated press releases
– Blog Posts, Articles and White Papers – All position you as the expect in your field
Just as important as building a plan is making sure to track and measure your progress.
It is a digital war out there. Everyone is competing to get found with your audience to try to sell them something. We at YellowSchmello will tell you that being found on the internet is a process. Are you being found?
If you aren’t – give us a call.