Recently I’ve started to find more and more use cases for Python in digital marketing measurement.
Below is a list of example applications:
- Scraping data from the web and storing the results in a google doc with the Python script set to run nightly on a schedule. Sometimes there isn’t a datastudio connector or an API. Scraping the data into a google spreadsheet gives you a regularly updated data source that plugs straight into Datastudio.
- Scraping data from Trustpilot reviews and building personas based on the language used in customer reviews.
- Accessing Google Search console data through the API and storing this data in a database. Google Search console only shows 90 days of data making it difficult to see the trend or do year on year comparisons.
- Automating the testing of an ecommerce site i.e. testing a channel is recorded correctly, the transaction tag fired and the transaction appeared in Google Analytics with the correct data.
- Scraping price data from a competitors website to keep an eye on how they compare.
- Cleaning data i.e. backend database
- Scraping news data to make PPC ad copy dynamic and highland relevant
The post Using Python to enhance & automate measurement appeared first on Kev Thomson.