| Updated: Feb 8, 2018, 00:03 IST
Kota: A 65-year-old paralysed man was burnt alive late on Wednesday morning after a Fire broke out in a double-storey house at Santoshi Nagar area in Mahaveer Nagar extension under Mahaveer Nagar police station area of Kota. Short circuit is believed to have caused the fire. The deceased man was identified as Bhagwan Das Sindhi (65) who was alone on the first floor of the house, said Babu Lal, ASI, Mahaveer Nagar police station.
He was suffering from paralysis. The family members had gone to work after locking him up in a room on the first floor, he added. Information about the fire was received around 11.30am following which fire tenders rushed to the spot and started the rescue operation, said Amjad Khan, fire officer at Kota municipal corporation.
The locked gate of the house had to be broken open. The old man’s burnt body was found on the first floor of the house where television picture tube was also found blasted suggesting short circuit in electric wiring due to high power voltage which is most likely to have caused the fire, he said. The body was sent to the mortuary of Maharao Bhim Singh (MBS) Hospital for post-mortem, the fire officer said. In another incident at Bhakto ka Mohalla in Nainwa town of Bundi, domestic gas cylinder caught fire in a house. No loss to life or property was reported as fire was immediately doused. Family members immediately informed local domestic gas supply agency whose employees rushed to the spot and controlled the fire before it could spread, said Lakhan Lal Meena, SHO, Nainwa station.

RELATED

From the Web

More From The Times of India