* On 30th January we observe the Punya Tithi (death anniversary) of Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi). Peace and non-violence is what Bapu taught us. His ideals are extremely relevant today.
* Laxmikutty is a teacher in Kerala’s Kallar and still resides in a hut made of palm leaves in a tribal tract amidst dense forests. She prepares 500 types of herbal medicines from her memory. She was conferred with Padma Shree Award.
* You must have heard name of Arvind Gupta ji who was conferred with Padma Shree award. He spent all his life creating toys for children from waste. We have honoured those who may not be seen in big cities but have done transformative work for society.
* Mission Clean Morna River is a wonderful initiative, where people came together to clean the river. Mangesh from Maharashtra shared a touching photograph on the NM Mobile App, of an elderly person and a young child taking part in the movement to clean the Morna river.
* I want to talk about something very unique in Bihar. A human chain was formed to spread awareness about evils of Dowry and child marriage. So many people joined the chain.
* I want to appreciate the Women of Dantewada in Chhattisgarh. This is a Maoist affected area but the women there are operating e-rickshaws. This is creating opportunities, it is also changing the face of the region and is also environment friendly.
* I would like to mention the Matunga Railway station which is an all-women station. All leading officials there are women. It is commendable.
* Three women Bhavna Kanth, Mohana Singh and Avani Chaturvedi have become fighter pilots and are undergoing training on Sukhoi-30.
* I am grateful to Prakash Tripathi who in his letter to me spoke about Kalpana Chawla whose death’s anniversary is on February 1, she has inspired a lot of people.
* Women are advancing in many fields, emerging as leaders. Today there are many sectors where our Nari Shakti is playing a pioneering role, establishing milestones.
* This is the first episode of 2018. Two days ago, we celebrated the Republic Day with great fervour. It was the first time in the history of India that heads of ten countries attended the ceremony.
Source : timesofindia