1. A complaint has been filed with the Deccan Gymkhana Police station in Pune against Gujarat MLA Jignesh Mewani and JNU student Umar Khalid for stoking violence through provocative statements.
2. Activist and grandson of BR Ambedkar, Prakash Ambedkar has given a call for Maharashtra bandh today.
3. “Won’t run school buses in Mumbai today, can’t risk students’ safety and security. Will take a second decision at 11 AM if we can run them in the second half, depending on the situation” said Anil Garg, School Bus Owners’ Association.
4. Section 144 has been imposed in Thane till 4th January midnight.
5. Few protestors tried to disrupt Railway services at Thane but were immediately cleared by RPF and GRP officials. Services are running uninterrupted on Central Railway as of now.
6. Mumbai Dabbawallas Association has decided to not run its delivery service today as the finding means of transportation would be difficult for delivery of tiffins on time.
7. Mumbai Police has deployed security in Ghatkopar’s Ramabai Colony and Eastern Express Highway.
8. “Don’t believe in rumours. Traffic on Eastern expressway was affected due to protests. It’s moving now. Traffic at Chembur Naka is still affected. There is nothing to panic. Verify facts with police officers and men before posting anything on social media” tweeted Mumbai Police.
9. Bus services towards Pune’s Baramati and Satara suspended till further orders.
10. The Pune Police Commissioner urged office goers to go to work if their office is functioning as there is adequate police deployment across the city.
Source : timesofindia