New Delhi: On Wednesday, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) summoned Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit and demanded action against the Pakistan Army personnel responsible for the mutilation of two Indian Army soldiers at Krishna Ghati sector in Jammu and Kashmir.
Here are latest updates:
- “Foreign Secretary summons Pak HC, conveys India’s outrage, demands action against Pak soldiers and commanders responsible,” MEA official spokesperson Gopal Baglay in a tweet said.
Foreign Secretary summons Pak HC, conveys India’s outrage, demands action against Pak soldiers and commanders responsible pic.twitter.com/lKaRzIlhKb
— Gopal Baglay (@MEAIndia) May 3, 2017
- Consider it a strong act of provocation, was preceded by covering fire from Pak soldiers: Gopal Baglay, MEA on mutilation of Indian soldiers, reported ANI.
- MEA have demanded from Pakistan that whoever from their Army was behind this incident be punished, said Gopal Baglay.
- Pak Envoy denied that his country’s army was involved, but assured he will convey contents of our demarche to his Govt: MEA after summoning Pak Envoy
- Gopal Baglay further said that some NGO had invited Pakistani school children and we then advised the NGO that this is not the right time for such exchanges.