New Delhi: Former Congress MP Priya Dutt on Wednesday said that her party is being destroyed as it is suffering from an Autoimmune Disease.
- Exposing the fault line, she tweeted, “Cong has shown repeatedly that it suffers from an autoimmune disease Cong destroys Cong we need to be treated from within to be healthy again.”
Cong has shown repeatedly thatit suffers from an autoimmune disease Cong Destroys Cong we need to be treated from within to be healthy again
— Priya Dutt (@PriyaDutt_INC) March 15, 2017
- The comments come four days after Congress’ poor outcome in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and its inability to stake claim and form the government in Goa and Manipur.
- Mumbai Congress has been over the past few years reeling with severe infighting among the key Congress leaders. The result of which was also seen in its disastrous BMC poll performance. The party also failed to put up a united front at the state level too.
- After the party’s poll drubbing in Uttar Pradesh, the clamour for “structural changes” in the Congress grew louder on Tuesday with a senior leader demanding “major surgery” and another insisting the house needed to be “put in order”.
- On his part, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi himself expressed the need for organisational and structural changes.