New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Wednesday reiterated his doubts over tampering of EVM machines during Punjab polls to show 30% results in favour of Bhartiya Janta Party which lost the polls to Congress. Kejriwal had on Tuesday written to EC demanding use of paper ballot in upcoming MCD polls, which was later in the day declined by EC.
• Kejriwal while addressing a conference on Wednesday hinted that the results of Punjab polls were tampered with. Kejriwal said, “people of Punjab were sick of BJP and Akali’s governance; then how did they get 30% votes
• Adding an instance that “one of AAP candidates got zero votes in Punjab; how is it possible if his family and he voted in his favour”. Kejriwal added that AAP candidates are feeling helpless
• Kejriwal cited another instance from booth number 73, which had 7 AAPvolunteers; but got only 3 votes in total; in spite of having a family size of 17 who had certainly voted in their favour
• Questioning the claims of Election Commission that EVMs cannot be tampered with, Kejriwal said that BJP leader Subramanian Swamy had himself said that EVMs are vulnerable and can be tampered with
• Kejriwal asserted that he “Would write to Election Commission to match counting of VVPATs with EVMs”