Oppo’s highly anticipated, R15 flagship smartphone is now official in China. As the leaks suggested, the new R15 features a notch-equipped nearly edge to edge display and leaves minimal room for bezels. Apart from that, however, the R15 is just your usual annual upgrade and comes with top-of-the-line specifications for a relatively affordable price.
The Oppo R15 has a 6-inch Full HD+ screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9 which the company likes to call “Super-V Display”. The phone is wrapped in a glass exterior, however, Oppo will be also making a ceramic variant available soon. In addition to that, the phone is powered by a MediaTek’s latest Helio P60 octa-core chipset, although there’s also a Dream Mirror Edition which runs on a Snapdragon 660 chipset instead. Both of them have 6GB of RAM and 128GB internal storage.
The dual-Camera setup on the rear houses 16-megapixel primary f/1.7 lens coupled with a secondary 5-megapixel sensor (20-megapixel in the case of the Dream Mirror Edition). There’s a 20-megapixel selfie camera which is complemented by an updated smart beauty that scans your face’s 296 feature points to improve the outcomes. It runs on a 3450mAh battery and supports Oppo’s VOOC quick charging technology. The phone comes preloaded with Android 8.1 with the company’s own ColorOS skin on top.
There are three color options to choose from — Snow White, Hot Red and Star Purple. The Oppo R15 is priced at 2999 Yuan (~$473/Rs 30,800), while the Dream Mirror Edition costs 3299 Yuan (~$520/Rs 33,880). The ceramic variant will be available for 3499 Yuan (~$552/Rs 35,935). The Oppo R15 will go on sale starting from next month’s 1st, orders for which have already been opened.
OPPO R15 Specifications
- Dimensions: 155.1 × 75.2 × 7.4mm; Weight: 175g
- 6.28-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED display, 19:9 aspect ratio
- MediaTek Helio P60 12nm octa-core processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs), ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD), 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Primary Rear Camera: 16MP, LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX519 sensor, 1.22μm pixel size, EIS
- Secondary Rear Camera: 5MP, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3450mAh (typical) / 3365mAh (minimum) battery, VOOC Flash Charging
This post first appeared on Technology Personalized - Tech News, Reviews, Anal, please read the originial post: here