After months of wait, Nokia has finally returned to India’s smartphone market with a slew of budget Android-powered handsets. The Nokia 5, which stands in between the Nokia 3 and Nokia 6, comes with a Snapdragon 430 chipset, Android Nougat and is priced at Rs 12,899. It will be available exclusively offline starting July 7th, 2017.
As far as specifications are concerned, the Nokia 5 comes with a 5.2-inch HD panel up front that is protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage which is expandable, Adreno 505 GPU and a non-removable 3000mAh battery underneath. The camera arrangement includes a 13-megapixel f/2.0 lens on the back, dual-tone LED flash and a front-facing 8-megapixel f/2.0 shooter.
There’s a fingerprint scanner present as well which is housed under the home button. It also supports NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, Dual-SIM and sports a MicroUSB port instead of Type-C. The exterior is made out of aluminum which does look quite enticing. The software has been kept mostly clutter-free, and the company also promises regular updates with monthly security patches as well.
Nokia 5 will be available to buy for Rs 12,899 exclusively offline as of now. While the brand name will assist the smartphone in gaining initial traction, its specifications are underpowered when compared to other contenders in this price bracket. It will be interesting to see whether the company will be able to sell solely based on a promise of regular updates and of course, the Nokia tag.
Nokia 5 Specifications
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass, 500 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 Mobile Platform clocked at 1.4 GHz, Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1
- Rear Camera: 13MP, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, 84-degree wide-angle lens
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Fingerprint reader
This post first appeared on Technology Personalized - Tech News, Reviews, Anal, please read the originial post: here