Although as a runner you will want to find appropriate running shoes, some situations may call for you to run in Dress Shoes; the following paragraphs will advise you on the best dress shoes you can run in if the need ever arises. As crazy as this seems, some dress shoes are better to run in than others for ease, speed, agility, and foot safety.
Some situations in which you would need to run in your dress shoes are as follows:
- Running your dog in the dog show
- Restaurant/banquet/kitchen work
- Performing in a flash mob
- Performing in a play
- Escaping a mugger
- Catching your connecting flight at the airport
- Police officers
If any of these or other situations affect you, you know that you’ll want to be equipped with the best possible dress shoe that you can still manage to run in safely. Here are a few pointers on what to avoid in a dress shoe that you may have to run in:
- High heels – High heels are difficult enough just to walk in. They shift your center of gravity and weight distribution to the front of your foot, the ball and toes, and there is minimal space to land on, when you are moving quickly it will be easy to misstep and fall.
- Slippery soles – Many dress shoes that have the advantage of being flat heeled still come with the disadvantage of slippery soles, a dangerous option for many polished surface floors or wet outdoor surfaces.
- Sandals – Although you may find a great dress sandal for running in, with minimal heel and great traction, running can cause debris to come up off the ground and get into your sandal. Avoid open dress shoe styles for running or you may get a sharp rock that cuts your foot before you even realize it’s there.
The reverse side of the above information would be the proper shoes to select so that you can dress for any occasion and still run if you need to.
- Flats or minimal heel shoes – Flat soled or minimal heel shoes will present the safest option for retaining your normal center of gravity while running in a dress shoe.
- Traction soles – There are many options for non-slip dress shoes that will provide the style you need at the same time as the traction for speed and agility when running in a dress shoe.
- Closed dress shoes – There are a variety of styles of dress shoes that do expose part of the top of the foot, but not to such an extent that debris can get into the shoe during a sprint and injure your foot. Try to find a dress shoe with maximum foot coverage.
Restaurant work may be one of the most common reasons to wear a non-slip dress shoe. In many restaurants there are slippery floors in the kitchen. These can be caused by any combination of a slippery floor material, liquids spilled onto the floor, or grease spilled onto the floor. Anyone who has worked in a restaurant knows that during busy mealtime hours you may need to run, and falls are one of the most common injuries sustained by a restaurant worker.
Shoes for Crews is a shoe manufacturer that has been designing safe but dressy non-slip shoes for restaurant workers for some time.
Here are a few of their recommendations for women’s shoes:
Women’s Envy II
“Features cushioned insoles, full grain leather, 1 1/4 “ rubber heel, steel shank, dual elastic inserts for a great fit.”
“Cushioned insoles, velcro® fastening system, full-grain leather upper, padded heel, ultra soft, suede-like lining, decorative stitching, 1 2/5″ rubber heel.”
Nearly all of the Shoes for Crews shoes come with patented SFC Mighty Grip® Slip-Resistant Outsole, which guarantees the ultimate in safety and slip resistance.For a men’s dress shoe, check out the following:
For a men’s dress shoe, check out the following:
Men’s Aristocrat II
“This shoe features removable cushioned insoles, full grain leather, and steel shank, for a highly comfortable, supportive, safe, and attractive option.”
“This shoe comes with a padded collar, leather lining inside shoe, cushioned footboard for added comfort, Italian leather, removable dual-density leather-lined insoles, steel shank, dual elastic insets for a comfortable fit.”
As you can see these are just a few of the many options for safe and attractive non-slip dress shoe provided by Shoes for Crews that you could easily run in if you needed to.
The above shoes manufactured by Shoes for Crews would work in a variety of situations that you would need to wear dress shoes and move quickly. As you can see, any of the shoes pictured here would be viable options to look classy but still be capable of running when necessary. For the best options on safe dress shoes you can run in, look at shoesforcrews.com.
The post Recommended Dress Shoes You Can Run In appeared first on Running Info Guide.
This post first appeared on Running Info Guide - Couch To 5k, 10k, All You Nee, please read the originial post: here