There are some great Table Tennis Training camps run by top clubs all over the world. The problem is, it can be really hard to find out about them. Their websites are often hard to navigate/translate and there’s no one place listing all the best ones.
On this page, I’ll be linking to the best table Tennis Training Camps and providing brief information about them so that you can easily get a feel for the camp and compare price, etc.
The following Table Tennis training camps take place in England and the UK…
Westfield Table Tennis Camp
- Location: Northamptonshire, England (about 70 miles north of London)
- Dates: Usually Summer, Christmas, and Easter holidays
- Timetable: 10:00-15:45
- Price: £45 per day (roughly)
- Link: http://www.gvttabletennis.co.uk/
The Westfield table tennis camps are run by Greg and Tim Yarnall (GVT Table Tennis). They usually take place during the holidays at Easter, Summer and Christmas. These camps are great for children and adults and usually feature a whole range of top coaches, including names such as Desmond Douglas.
The following table Tennis Training camps take place in Europe…
- Location: Sindal, Denmark (about 40 miles from Aalborg).
- Dates: July 2016
- Timetable: 5 hours a day, 09:30-12:00 & 14:30-17:00.
- Price: All full-board: 425 Euro for five days; 820 Euro for ten days, 1195 Euro for fifteen days.
- Link: http://www.b75.dk
I went to this camp in 2011 and 2014 and was blown away by the professionalism and brilliant coaching. From what I’ve heard, it’s only gotten better since then. Sam and I will be taking the Expert in a Year challenge abroad this summer and attending the B75 summer table tennis camp together for seven days of intensive training. I’m expecting Sam to improve dramatically over the course of the camp and to learn loads from the coaches and other players.
If you only ever go to one international table tennis camp in your life I recommend you give B75 a try!
For more details about the 2014 Summer Training Camp at B75 check out this post including the official poster and subscription form.
- Location: Eger, Hungary (about 90 miles from Budapest).
- Dates: All year round.
- Timetable: 5 1/2 hours a day, 10:00-12:30 & 17:00-20:00.
- Price: £490 (hotel & meals), £385 (room & meals), £315 (room only), eight days.
- Link: http://www.tabletennistrainingcamps.com/
These camps are run by a friend of mine, William Maybanks (yellow t-shirt in photo). He is an English player that has been living, playing and coaching in Hungary for many years now.
I haven’t managed to make it to one of his table tennis camps at Eger yet but it is definitely on my to-do list. Sam Priestley is keen to visit too so perhaps we can get over there in the summer!
HiTT Academy (Malta)
- Location: Had-Dingli, Malta (on the West Coast)
- Dates: 27th June – 3rd July 2016
- Timetable: Full-time training with multiple sessions throughout the day
- Price: €325
- Link: http://www.hittmalta.com/
I haven’t been to HiTT in Malta (yet). I’m planning on visiting in September 2016 as part of my travels. Sam spent a couple of days at HiTT during The Expert in a Year Challenge and loved it. The head coach of the club is Mario Genovese, who is 21 times Malta National Champion. This is certainly a very well organised training camp for players of all levels and Mario is an excellent coach.
GV Hennebont (France)
- Location: Hennebont, France (about 100 miles from Nantes).
- Dates: All year round.
- Timetable: 5 hours a day, 09:00-12:00 & 15:30-18:00.
- Price: €365 (full board), €265 (self-catering), €225 (training only), five days.
- Link: http://gvhtt.com/training-camps/
I haven’t been to Hennebont myself for training but I know a number of top juniors that have been and have said the training is excellent and the work-rate is incredibly high!
The following table tennis training camps take place in the USA and North America…
The following table tennis training camps take place in China…
The post The Best Table Tennis Training Camps appeared first on Expert Table Tennis.