In 2016, BuzzFeed asked members of their Community to share with them “the most badass picture they had of their grandparents,” and surely they delivered. Don't be surprised when you suddenly burst into tears. Enjoy!
1. "This is my great grandpa dressed in drag in 1926. The reverse reads, 'Paul L (dressed as a girl) on the way to the University of Wisconsin prom. He weighed 200 and his escort weighed 110 and was 5 ft. tall. They won first prize.'” —otterpops
2. "My grandpa showing his “flexibility.” He actually had a prosthetic leg. It never stopped him from doing anything he wanted, though! We used to sit on his lap and knock on his leg until he’d make a Donald Duck noise to startle us! We loved it." —breeebabe
3. "This is my grandpa from the early 1950s. He drove all across Canada with his small motorcycle gang, the Sunset Riders. They even had matching leather jackets." —kellekr
4. "My Grandpa Bob and Grandma Ike looking like movie stars in the late ’40s or early ’50s. My grandma hated dresses but loved lipstick." —kieshak
5. "This is my Papa Jim. This picture was taken around the mid-1930s or early 1940s. Always the cat lover. It’s one of the best traits I inherited from him. He recently passed in August at the age of 94." —rachele18
See more »