1. Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and kohlrabi all come from the same plant!
2. Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds.
“Understanding the way diamonds are formed deep in the Earth could explain how life evolved on our planet. So a team in Germany are attempting to forge the gemstones themselves, from carbon dioxide – and peanut butter. David Robson reports.” (BBC)
3. When you eat figs, technically, you’re also eating wasps.
Figs are pollinated by female wasps, who lose their wings in the process of pollination. The wasp has no way to get out of the fig and so they die inside, and then the fig’s enzymes break down and dissolve the wasp.
4. Pringles once had a lawsuit trying to prove that they weren’t really potato chips.
5. Mountain Dew is mainly just orange juice.
6. Potatoes are actually 80% water and 20% solid.
7. Chimichanga literally means “thingamajig” in Spanish.
8. The bananas we eat today are clones.
The post 24 Food Facts That Will Make Rethink Your Next Meal appeared first on Do You Remember?.