Summer's right around the corner, so plenty of time to do some DIY!
If your nursery or daughters bedroom needs some more personality - then this is a nice little project for you! These Tissue Paper pom pom' fill the space nicely and add some needed color and whimsy to the room. You won't believe how easy they are to make!
Choose any color you like, but if you really want to decorate like a stylist choose tissue paper in the same color palette. We have added a video for you to make it even more easier to start and whip up this fun DIY craft.
Materials needed for 1 Tissue Pom Pom:
- 15 sheets of tissue paper (larger or more sheets make a larger/thicker pom pom)
- thin piece of wire of twist tie
- fishing line
- command strip hook (or small nail or tack)
11 Easy steps:
- Place all 15 sheets of tissue paper together.
- Fold into an accordian with the folds so they are evenly spaced measuring from 1 to 2 inches in width. This will vary depending on how large your tissue paper is to begin with.
- Cut the tips of the folds so that they are rounded at each end. You can also cut them into a point if you prefer a pointy look pom pom.
- Fold the accordian in half and then wrap the wire or twist tie around the middle of the accordian. The fold will show you were to put the wire.
- At the end of the top of the wire be sure to make a loop. This is where you will attach the fishing line to hang the pom pom from the ceiling.
- Spread out one half of the accordian and pull apart one sheet at a time from the bottom.
- Continue this for each sheet so that you form a ball shape.
- Turn over to the other half and repeat for the other half. Fluff out the tissue paper so that it is full all around the pom pom.
- Tie the fishing line to the loop. You can use a double knot to secure it firmly.
- Determine where you want the tissue pom poms hanging from the ceiling and then tie the fishing line to your nail so it reaches the right length.
- Nail into place (or use your tacks or command strips).
Finally, if it is all too much work for you or you simply can't find the time, you can always drop into Ni-Night and buy some ready-to-use paper Pom Poms ;-)
Images & inspiration: Pinterest, Engel, theidearoom.net, YouTube