Loft (Roof) Conversion is the latest emerging trend in a country like London in order to create effective living space for the people. Effective planning of each and every area of the house is essentially required in systematically planed country like London. In order to plan the space of the house effectively people generally prefer to apply Loft Conversion in London. They appoint a suitable Loft Company London for this purpose. The majority of companies are available of Loft Conversion North London. This location is considered to be a hub for loft conversion.
However, Loft Conversion does not prove to be a suitable option every time for any kind of enlargement in the home. The suitability of loft conversion for a home depends on various criterion as well as situations. Along with the significant advantages of Loft Conversion, some disadvantages are also attached with it.
Suitability of Home –
Prior to the conversion of loft, the people are essentially required to understand the significant suitability of their home for loft conversion. Some of the basic factors which decide the suitability of a house for loft conversion include:
• Roof: The pitch of the roof as well as the floor size plays a major role in recognizing the suitability of a home for effective loft conversion. The authentic covering of the roof must be in a suitable condition to obtain ideal results of re-roofing. However, this loft conversion proves to be significant for every type of roof including truss roof and binder roof.
• Ceiling beneath the roof: The ceiling made up of plaster board provides a sustainable fire resistance as well as sound insulation for the floor. It also plays a significant role in recognizing the suitability of a home for loft conversion. Sometimes, it is also required to improve the condition of ceiling also to get the loft conversion done.
• Supporting Walls: The supporting walls which bear the complete load of the roof and the ceiling should also be considered while planning for loft conversion. The outside wall with 215 mm thickness and inside wall with 100 mm thickness proves to be ideal for bearing the load of roof conversion. However, beyond this limit, the advice of a specialist is essentially required.
• Foundation: The additional load of the loft conversion offers huge impact on the structure of the house which eventually is related to its basic foundation. Thus the foundation of the house must also be checked before planning a loft conversion. The foundation should be strong enough to bear the load of the entire house along with the converted loft.
• Layout: The complete layout of the floors already existing in the house also restricts the procedure of loft conversion in terms of creating means for fire escape. There are various situations in terms of layout under which, it becomes difficult to carry out an effective loft conversion in the house.
Regulations for Loft conversion –
The people are essentially required to consider building regulations as well as planning permission to get the loft conversion done successfully. The planning permission is not necessarily required for many cases while the building regulations are undoubtedly required covering various factors like access to stairs, insulation escape in the situation of fire.
Types of Loft Conversion –
Different types of Loft conversion are available with numerous professional companies matching with the specific requirements of the people. Some of them include:
• Roof light Conversion: The Roof light conversion proves to be an effective and highly reasonable approach for loft conversion if the size of the roof already existing is exceptionally large. In this type of loft conversion, an effective roof light is installed on the roof to create adequate headroom for the people. This type of conversion proves to be ideal for the level of first floor only.
• Dormer Conversion: This type of loft conversion is generally used in the situation where the size of the roof is not effectively large. In this approach, a dormer is generally preferred to sufficiently increase the living space of the people.
• Mansard Conversion: The mansard conversion is also a significant kind of loft conversion which possesses a steep roof as well as a shallow roof on the top. Moreover, in current scenario, the upper roof is generally flat. The building which is generally detached proves to be ideal for this type of conversion by significantly offering an ultimate appearance.
• Hipped roof to Gable Conversion: Another significant type of Loft conversion is converting the hip into a gable in order to create more and more head rooms for the house. This type of conversion proves to be fruitful for detached buildings at it can be applied on the both the ends of the building.
Pros and Cons of Loft Conversion –
Loft conversion does not always remain a practical way for the enlargement of houses in London. It has both advantages and disadvantages attached to it which have been discussed hereunder.
Pros of Loft Conversion –
Loft Conversion offers highly significant advantages to the people in numerous ways. Some of them include:
• It increases the value of the house with 10 to 20 percent.
• Loft conversion also helps in increasing the living space for people which can be conveniently used.
• It also negates the expense as well as upheaval of house moving.
• It offers instant turnaround by consuming maximum time of 6 to 8 weeks for completion.
• Rarely requires any kind of planning permission.
Cons of Loft Conversion –
Apart from various advantages of Loft conversion, there are several disadvantages also attached to it which include:
• It creates comparatively less value of the house than the traditional method of extension.
• It is very much invasive as the workmen poses easy access inside the home.
• The people are generally left with no storage space.
• The value of the home varies according to the location of home.
Visit Use Full Links
LoftConversion North London @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/
Loft Company London @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/hip-to-gable.php
Lofts @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/loft.php
Extensions @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/extensions.php
Property Developers London @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/new-build.php
LoftConversion Planning Permission @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/planning-services.php
Garage Conversion London @ http://www.uksmartbuild.com/garage-conversion.php