Whether it’s an idea you saw on Houzz or a before and after remodel on HGTV, these new Flooring hacks will save you money and increase the resale value on your home. From faux marble tiles to faux wood flooring, use these simple ideas from the pros to increase your home’s value and put a little extra cash in your pocket with your resale.
Add a new cheap tile floor to increase the perceived value
If you’re thinking about your resale value, HGTV suggests adding a new tile floor to get more “bang for your buck.” While updating a bathroom floor with new tiles might run only a few hundred dollars, it can help with a resale especially if you are also going to update the paint, plumbing, vanity, and lighting.
One of the reasons that new flooring is popular is the perceived value a new floor provides, suggests Realty 101. That’s because potential home buyers are looking at items that they won’t have to replace – like those dreaded pink tiles.
Get rid of the worn carpeting to give new life to a room
Having the right flooring helps with potential buyers who don’t want to see dated carpeting they know they’ll have to rip up. That’s why a super fast fix is removing outdated carpeting. You might be surprised to find that the hardwood floors underneath just need a little sanding, staining, and varnish to give new life to them again.
But what if you want to replace the flooring? What kind of flooring is good with a resale?
- Natural hardwood floors are the most desirable but can be expensive and might run $9 – $12 a square foot, but your resale value can be higher
- Laminate flooring and vinyl flooring can run from $5 – $8 a square foot and is easy to install, but don’t use it in high-traffic areas where it can start to fade
- New carpet in a neutral color might run $3 – $5 a square foot
- Engineered wood (plywood layers) is easy to install and it’s relatively cheap at $2.50 – $6 a square foot
- Synthetic laminate resembles wood finishes and is inexpensive at $3 – $5 a square foot
Need discount flooring? Arizona residents can ask about flooring sale and installation deal offers like $500 off new flooring and other specials. Shop now!
Ask floor fitters or contractors for discount flooring options
With this approach, Realty 101 finds that it’s a way to get a discount on a new floor that can help with a resale while not spending an arm and a leg.
Great ways to secure a discount on your flooring include:
- Contacting a floor specialist and asking about flooring store samples, the cheapest flooring options, and their flooring sale and installation estimate details
- Pricing flooring tiles online and then contacting a floor fitter for installation
- Having a floor fitter sand your old floors down, and then stain and add varnish to them
Tip: When you ask a flooring specialist about their flooring sale and installation, ask about next-day installation.
Use the best flooring options to help you flip a house
If you’re flipping a property and not living there, while you want the cheapest option, you also want to choose the option that will peak the interest of potential buyers.
Realty 101 suggests:
- Installing Berber carpet in the bedrooms for a rich look
- Adding a laminate faux tile flooring or faux wood in living areas
- Using a high-end marble in the kitchen backsplash and for bathrooms
Interested in a flooring sale and installation price? Contact Express Flooring today for a free quote at (888) 514-1625 and ask about the $500 off offer when you replace your old floor with new flooring
Invest in porcelain floor tiles to increase your resale value
Bathroom remodels can increase home value by 58 percent. When considering resale, if money isn’t an option, use porcelain tiles in the bathroom. They’re aesthetically pleasing and potential home buyers see it as a room they don’t need to remodel.
Often porcelain tiles are used for bathrooms because they are easy to clean, they are extremely durable and highly impact-resistant. They maintain their luster for a long time and are resistant to buckling, fading, or cracking.
Add natural stone to walkways to attract buyers
Landscaping adds 10-15 percent value to your home. Bob Vila offers several ways to add stone walkways that can help with a resale if you have a covered patio or other type of outdoor area where you can create a walkway.
Often potential buyers are looking for ways to see themselves in a new home and the outdoor spaces shouldn’t be overlooked.
Consider outdoor looks like:
- A quiet walkway with a bench and water fountain
- Adding gravel stepped paths to classic brick pavers
- Framed walkways with loosely colored stones
- A small flower garden outlined by bricks
The extra touches can help with increasing the home’s value. Just be careful. Your home might look so inviting – you might not want to sell.
For more information on flooring ideas to increase your home’s value, contact Express Flooring.
About Express Flooring
Winners of the 2017 Phoenix Business Award, Express Flooring specializes in all types of discount flooring that includes carpet flooring, hardwood flooring, stone, laminate, and vinyl flooring in the Arizona area. If you’ve done an online search for “carpet stores near me”, “flooring stores near me” or if you want details on a flooring sale and installation quote, helpful sales experts are ready to assist you with the price for flooring and installation. Contact Express Flooring today.
This post first appeared on Flooring Blog - Flooring Tips, Information And Exp, please read the originial post: here