Have you ever thought that the household products you use every day might also have an alternative use? The Eggshells are a vivid example that you can save some money and at the same time complete another project around the household without exposing yourself to the toxic ingredients many contemporary products contain. So, the next time you make scrambled eggs for breakfast, don’t throw the eggshells away but give them a second chance. Here are a few ideas you should totally try.
- Instead of investing into expensive cosmetics for face, why don’t you make use of the fantastic properties of the eggshells? Yes, that’s right, eggshells should definitely be included in your beauty rituals. If you want to restore the glow of your skin, make it soft and smooth, all you need is a few dried eggshells, mortar, and pestle. Add the powder to an egg white and apply to your face. When the mixture is completely dry, wash your face with lukewarm water and apply a suitable face cream.
- Eggshells can be your irreplaceable assistant when it comes to domestic cleaning. You can make a fantastic homemade abrasive and easily remove grease from pots and pans. For the purpose, grind a few eggshells and mix them with warm soapy water.
- You probably know how many inconveniences a clogged kitchen drain can cause. In this case, eggshells come to your rescue. Grind a few eggshells and throw them in the kitchen sink. They catch additional solids and naturally clean pipes.
- It does not matter if you are a passionate gardener or not, you must be aware of the importance of fertilising. Apart from the standard products, you can use eggshells if you want to have a thriving garden, crush a few eggshells and use them as compost. You can also use them as starter pots. When your plant is ready to be planted, put it into the pot together with the eggshell.
- Eggshells can also help you deal with minor skin irritations such as a mosquito bite. Put an eggshell into a container full of apple cider vinegar and let it sit a few days. Then you can use the mixture whenever you have an itchy skin issue.
- If you have a dog, you can use the eggshells as a substitute of the expensive calcium supplements. You need to dry the eggshells at 250 degrees for about half an hour. Grind them until you get a fine powder and store them into a suitable container or a zipper bag. Depending on the weight of your dog, put a certain amount of the powdered eggshells into the food.
- Speaking of the use of eggshells in the garden, your local gardeners may be mentioned that eggshells keep slugs at bay. If you are sick and tired of having your beautiful garden ruined by slugs, snails and cutworms, go ahead and scatter eggshells around the garden. They are biodegradable, which means that you will not poison your garden with toxic substances, but the hungry herbivores will no longer consider it their own habitat.
- If you have decided to switch to another coffee brand and you find out it is a way too bitter for your taste, don’t throw the whole pack out before you try the following. Add some ground eggshells to the coffee before brewing it. When you are done, you can use the eggshells-coffee mixture as compost for your garden.
- Apart from the beauty and garden properties, eggshells can also act as a natural stain remover. You can easily clean your carpet and lift a stubborn juice or coffee stain from different surfaces. For the purpose, you need to grind a few eggshells and sprinkle the fine powder onto the affected area. Add some warm water and let the solution sit until it is absorbed into the stain. Then proceed with the standard cleaning procedure you usually apply for that particular surface.
- The next tip is considered quite controversial, so it is up to you whether to try it or not. If you have to deal with the unpleasant grey tint on white sheets or pieces of clothing, you just have to throw a few eggshells into the washing machine. If you are not willing to experiment, go for the well-known bleach. Yet the eggshells method is definitely a budget-friendly, non-toxic one and deserve to be included in your must try list of homemade household cleaning solutions.
As you see, it has never been easier to have your Garden thriving or your house stain-free. There are plenty of ways for re-using the eggshells. Don’t forget to try some of these and enjoy the fantastic result you achieve with minimum efforts and expenses!