DreamCloud is a hybrid mattress that’s priced lower than most pocket coil mattresses. Its 15” thick profile makes it a good choice for heavier folks.
Purple Hybrid Premier is the most luxurious and expensive mattress Purple sells. It uses Purple’s famous Hyper-Elastic Polymer to provide a unique sleeping experience.
What’s In This Comparison?
If you are looking for a hybrid pocket coil mattresses, DreamCloud and Purple Hybrid Premier are two excellent choices.
DreamCloud is perfect for those on a budget, while Purple Hybrid Premier is ideal if you want an ultra-luxurious hybrid mattress and don’t mind paying a bit more for it.
In this comparison, we compare DreamCloud vs. Purple Hybrid Premier on comfort, support, construction, and sleeping experience.
We also compare the shipping, return policies, and warranties of both mattresses.
To learn more about each mattress, read our DreamCloud review and Purple Hybrid Premier review.
DreamCloud vs. Purple Premier Hybrid Verdict: Which one Should You Buy?
I gave DreamCloud an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5.0
BUY DREAMCLOUD IF:
- You want a luxury pocket coil hybrid mattress at a bargain price.
- You want a mattress with excellent support and responsiveness.
- You want a mattress that will last a long time.
I gave Purple Premier Hybrid an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5.0
BUY PURPLE PREMIER HYBRID IF:
- You are looking for an ultra-luxurious hybrid mattress.
- You don’t like the feel of memory foam. Purple uses Hyper-Elastic Polymer instead.
- You are a hot sleeper.
- You want a softer hybrid mattress.
- DreamCloud is available in just one comfort option while the Purple Premier Hybrid is available in two; a 12” medium mattress and a 13” medium-soft mattress.
- DreamCloud consists of conventional polyurethane foam and pocket coils. At the same time, the Purple Premier Hybrid uses a special material called Hyper-Elastic Polymer that’s cooler, more responsive, and more contouring than foam.
- DreamCloud offers a more generous 1-year in-home trial and lifetime warranty while the Purple Premier Hybrid comes with a standard 100-night trial and 10-year warranty.
- DreamCloud costs half as much as the Purple Premier Hybrid. A DreamCloud queen currently goes for $1,099 while a Purple Premier Hybrid queen costs $2,199.
Mattress Construction Comparison
Both DreamCloud and Purple Premier Hybrid are hybrid mattresses. However, there are significant differences in materials and construction.
DreamCloud Mattress Construction
- One of DreamCloud’s most notable features is its extra-high profile. It is 15” tall.
- The Mongolian cashmere cover is super soft, very breathable, and easily wicks sweat from your body.
- A plush memory foam Euro-top provides instant pressure relief when you lie on the mattress.
- Next is a layer of gel memory foam that provides further pressure relief to cushion your shoulders, hips, and other pressure points. Gel-infused into the foam reduces heat retention.
- A transition foam layer firms up the mattress to keep you from sinking in too far and misaligning your spine.
- A thick base of pocket coils provides deep compression support and holds up the edges of the mattress when you sleep near the edge. Below the pocket coil layer is a thin stabilizing layer consisting of high-density foam.
Purple Premier Hybrid Mattress Construction
- There are two Purple Premier Hybrid mattresses: a 12” medium mattress and a 13” medium-soft mattress.
- Both mattresses come with a soft, stretchy, and breathable cover made with polyester, viscose, and lycra. The side panels of the cover allow air to flow freely in and out of the mattress, which helps keep the bed cool.
- The first layer is the most important one – it’s the magic Hyper-Elastic Polymer with a grid design that molds perfectly to your body. The medium mattress has a 3” Purple grid while the medium-soft mattress has a 4” Purple grid (which is why it is softer).
- 5” of responsive pocket coils are sandwiched between two 1” layers of support foam. The coils provide deep compression support, reduce motion transfer, and maintain cooling ventilation.
Comfort and Firmness Comparison
DreamCloud offers a universal medium-firm feel while the Purple Premier Hybrid is ideal for those looking for a softer mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress Comfort and Firmness
- DreamCloud is a medium-firm mattress. The soft Euro-top and foam layers balance out with the firm pocket coil base, providing just the right amount of soft pressure relief and firm support.
- DreamCloud is ideal for back and stomach sleepers. Heavier folks who sleep on their side will also find it comfortable. We also think DreamCloud is the better choice for people with back pain – the firmer feel provides better lumbar support and alignment.
Purple Premier Hybrid Comfort and Firmness
- Purple Premier Hybrid is available in two firmness options: medium and medium soft. The one with the 3” Purple Grid is medium while the mattress with the 4” Purple Grid is medium-soft.
- Both Purple Premier Hybrid is ideal for sleepers who prefer a plusher mattress with a deeper body hug. We recommend Purple 3 for back sleepers, lighter than average (under 130lbs) stomach sleepers, and heavier side sleepers. Purple 4 is perfect for most side sleepers and anyone who loves to sink into their mattress.
Sleeping Experience Comparison
Both DreamCloud and Purple Premier Hybrid are luxury mattresses. But the Purple Premier Hybrid has a unique sleeping experience you just can’t get with any other mattress.
DreamCloud Mattress Sleeping Experience
- DreamCloud’s Euro-top and memory foam layer readily contour to your body to provide a comfortable plush feel. As you settle into the mattress, the transition foam layer and pocket coil base balance out the soft feel to keep you from sinking too deep.
- Thanks to the 15” thickness, even heavier sleepers will find DreamCloud comfortable. The thick pocket coil base provides plenty of deep anti-sag support.
- The DreamCloud mattress sleeps cool, thanks to the breathable cover, gel memory foam, and pocket coils.
- Motion transfer is not as good as in all-foam mattresses, but unless your partner moves a lot at night, you’ll sleep peacefully.
Purple Premier Hybrid Sleeping Experience
- Purple’s Hyper-Elastic Polymer and the grid design result in a kind of a weightless feel. It’s like floating on a plush cloud. The grid contours to your body, providing targeted pressure relief and support.
- Purple Premier Hybrid has a soft but springy feel. Despite the soft feel, it’s still easy to change sleeping positions and get up from the bed.
- Support is great, including along the edges. The mattress doesn’t bottom out even for heavier sleepers.
- The Purple Premier Hybrid has much better motion isolation than DreamCloud. The grid layer doesn’t transfer any disturbance across the mattress. If you have a fidgety sleeping partner, get the Purple Premier Hybrid.
- The Purple Premier Hybrid is also excellent at cooling. Unlike foam, Hyper-Elastic Polymer does not retain heat. Combined with the pocket coils, the Purple Premier Hybrid stays cool in all kinds of weather. It is the best choice for extra-hot sleepers.
If you are looking for a bargain on a luxury mattress, get the DreamCloud mattress. It costs almost as low as memory foam mattresses.
If you are willing to pay extra for a more luxurious sleeping experience, get the Purple Premier Hybrid.
Here are the latest prices for both mattresses.
|Size||DreamCloud||Purple Hybrid Premier 3||Purple Hybrid Premier 4|
|Twin||not available||not available||not available|
|King||$1,299||$2,699 (Split King available for $3,798)||$3,499 (Split King available for $4,998)|
You can apply for Affirm financing with both mattresses if you prefer to pay in smaller monthly payments. Visit the official DreamCloud or Purple website to prequalify.
Warranty and Returns
DreamCloud Warranty & Returns
- DreamCloud comes with a generous 1-year in-home trial period. But there’s a 30-day mandatory break-in period meant to give your body time to adjust to the new mattress. Returns are free.
- If you keep the mattress, the warranty lasts a lifetime and is non-prorated.
Purple Premier Hybrid Warranty & Returns
- Purple offers a more standard 100-night trial period with a 21-day break-in period. Returns are free.
- Purple’s warranty is also very standard – 10 years. To be honest, this is shorter than we expect from a $2,000+ mattress.
Shipping and Delivery
DreamCloud Shipping and Delivery
- DreamCloud ships free to all states in the continental US. Alaska and Hawaii orders attract shipping charges.
- Free shipping includes standard curbside delivery. If you want help setting up the (very heavy) mattress, white glove delivery costs $149. This fee covers mattress setup and old mattress removal.
Purple Premier Hybrid Shipping and Delivery
- Purple ships free to all 48 states in the contiguous US with shipping fees charged for delivery to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Purple offers a free in-home setup.
Note: Currently, Purple’s complimentary white glove delivery service is not available because of COVID-19. To cover the effort (and perhaps money), you’ll spend getting the mattress inside and setting it up; they are offering a $150 discount on the list price.
Also, check with DreamCloud whether their white glove delivery service is still available (it’s likely not).
Hopefully, we’ve helped you choose the best mattress for you.
To summarize the comparison, get DreamCloud if you want a luxury mattress at a bargain price. Get Purple Hybrid Premier if you want a plush, ultra-luxurious (but relatively affordable) hybrid mattress.
Where To Get The Best Deal
Purple Hybrid Premier
The post Dreamcloud vs. Purple Hybrid Premier Comparison: Reviews & Best Deals appeared first on Sleep Delivered.