Congrats on having a new home! We know how excited you are to relax and enjoy your first night or day in your new place. But as we all know, it’s not that easy to settle in. You’ve got a lot of work to do first before you are able to finally enjoy your new home.
Let Easy Moves help you out with these awesome Moving and packing tips to help make your move just a bit easier.
THE LIST: 41 MOVING AND PACKING TIPS FOR YOU
- Do a massive clean up and get rid of any unused or unnecessary items from your home.
- Sort all of your things by category and avoid mixing different items from different rooms in the same box.
- Schedule a garage sale or a free donation pickup.
- Prepare a Moving Checklist.
- Shop around for prices from professional moving companies.
- Schedule the right moving day.
- Update your billing address at least a week before your move.
- If you can, try to pay a visit to your new home a few days before the move to do a pre-cleaning, especially the kitchen and bathroom.
- Be ready with packing tape. This is much more secure than a duct tape.
- Get slightly used moving Boxes from local retailers.
- Use the right size boxes.
- Use small boxes for heavy items.
- Start packing a few weeks early starting with out of season clothing, books and other things that you are not using.
- Don’t leave empty spaces in the boxes. Fill in gaps with towels, packing paper or clothing.
- Put your storage bins and suitcases to use.
- Pack an “Open Me First” box that contains all essentials for your first day or night. Include a few days of clothes and any toiletries you might need.
- Pack a personal overnight bag for every family member.
- Put the things you’ll need right away in a clear plastic box or bag.
- Duplicate your important documents.
- Label and tape your boxes properly. You can also use colored packing tape if you prefer.
- In addition to labeling their contents, add what room your boxes are to go into.
- You can also implement a numbering system to make unpacking easier and more organized.
- Use your towels, socks, linens and pieces of clothing to wrap your breakables. This will save you from buying bubble wrap and packing paper.
- Pack your decorative items a few weeks before the actual moving day.
- Label all boxes that contain breakables with the word “Fragile” on all sides.
- Pack your dishes vertically.
- Cover the openings of your toiletries with plastic wrap and put the tops back on to avoid leaking and spillage.
- Take pictures of your electronics so you have a guide for setting them up in your new home.
- Pack your clothing in a large garbage bag while they are still hanging up. Packing and unpacking is so much easier this way.
- Keep the contents of drawers in tact using plastic wrap.
- Separate cleaning supplies for moving day.
- Defrost your fridge at least a day or two before your actual move.
- Keep boxes for the same room together.
- Load heavy furniture into your moving truck first.
- Take pictures of your new home before you unpack anything.
- Get help from friends if you’re not hiring professional movers.
- Keep ziploc bags handy. You can use them to store small things like doorknobs, screws, brackets, keys and other small items.
- Unpack your kitchen first.
- Move on to your bathroom second.
- Work on the bedrooms next.
- Dining and living rooms should be the last to be unpacked.
Moving requires a lot of stress and sweat. So do yourself a favor by planning well ahead of time and organizing your moving activities. Good luck from Easy Moves!
The post 41 Moving And Packing Tips To Make Your Move Dead Simple appeared first on Moving Companies Birmingham AL.