When shopping for vacuums, there are many features one would trade off besides the price. The cleaning power and the weight are some of the considerations for many customers. This article seeks to review and compare five Ultralight Upright Shark Rocket Cleaner models HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322. They differ mainly in the available attachments and the type and construction of the cleaning head.
Jump to our top picks:
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV301)
- Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum (HV302)
- Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Cleaner
- Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright (HV321)
- Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
The Shark Rocket model comparison will try to remove the confusion when one wants to buy one of these small and easy to use vacuums. When you need to wash different surface, you need to merely change the cleaning tool according to the cleaned surface and type of dirt.
Benefits of the Ultralight Upright Vacuums
The HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 are all ultralight and upright. They can be used as the central vacuums in small homes owing to their light weight and ease of use. They can also be used to supplement the larger vacuums since they can reach areas that the larger ones cannot reach.
The five vacuums are priced reasonably. The HV301 is the most basic of the five vacuums going for about $120, while HV322 is the most advanced among the five going for around $200.
The cleaning wand can be removed easily to make these vacuums handheld. When they become handheld, they can be used to reach any part from the floor to the ceiling.
Since they are corded, with 500 W motor, they don’t lose suction due to an empty battery and with 30 ft (9.1m) long power cord, they have vast range of action using single power outlet.
It is easy to empty and clean. It is made using transparent plastic, and one can see how full it is. Shark Rocket Ultralight Uprights are designed so that they don’t lose suction, regardless how dirt cup is full.
The Ultralight Upright vacuum cleaners come with filters that are washable and don’t need replacement. This feature makes them relatively cheap and durable.
Shark Rocket vacuums provide 500 W of power regularly due to rather long power cord the vacuums receive continuous power, hence constant suction through the cleaning process.
About Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV301)
- Swivel Steering. Excellent control for manoeuvring around furniture.
- Ultra-lightweight. At under 8 pounds, it converts into a hand vac for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning
- Never Loses Suction or Power
- Fingertip controls to quickly switch from hard floor to carpet.
- Attachment includes a wall mount, 12” crevice attachment, dusting brush, upholstery tool, dust-away attachment kit, washable filter, and an accessories bag.
Besides being powerful, the HV301 is corded so always ready to use with no need to wait for recharging. Whether you want to clean a carpeted floor or a wooden floor, the HV301 will do an excellent job cleaning. Some of its outstanding features include:
- 30-foot cord: When washing your premises you do not have to worry about waiting for the vacuum cleaner to charge. More so, being this long when cleaning many rooms, you do not need to unplug it every time.
- Micro Attachments: When you want the corners and areas that are usually unreachable the HV301 micro attachments come I handy. You can easily clean the crumbs of your toaster using the micro attachment
- Fingertip controls: With just a flick of your thumb you can easily control the HV301, this makes it very easy to operate even on the first day of use. Also since it is light it can be used efficiently by the elderly and the children
About Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum (HV302)
- Lightweight for ease of navigation and storage
- Has washable filtration mechanisms which help cut the cost of operations
- Excellent suction power
- 30 feet power cord help cover a larger area
The HV302 has almost the same features as the HV301. They both have a 12-inch crevice tool for cleaning tight and narrow spaces within the home. The HV302 has a Car Detail Kit, unlike the HV301. The HV301 stands out because of these features:
- Car Detail Kit: This is useful not only for cleaning car interiors but also the areas in the house that are commonly hard to reach.
- Slim Design: Allow access to areas that would instead be left.
- Accessories: the crevice tool, dusting brush, car detail kit, pet upholstery tool, dust away hard floor attachment, accessory bag, and a wall mount
- Unique features: It has this 2-speed brush roll settings that allow you to use the product for any kinds of floorings.
- swivel steering: will enable you to go through different directions without needing to move too much
About Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Cleaner
- 18 Inch Crevice Tool
- 500 Watts of Power
- Ergonomic Handle
Like the HV302, the HV305 comes with the Car Detail Kit. Deep cleaning carpets by removing embedded dirt, and gentle on bare floors and delicate area rugs. For the HV305 It is effortless to empty Dust Cup by holding the dust cup over the trash and press the bottom door release button on the front to unload. Cleaning Wand Quick release wand for extra reach when cleaning floors.
- Car Detail Kit Micro tools: clean the tiniest of spaces, such as a computer keyboard or the dashboard in your car.
- Swivel steering: provides the ultimate control to get in and around obstacles and furniture
About Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright (HV321)
- Never Loses Suction or Power
- LED headlights in floor nozzle and hand vac
- Advanced Swivel Steering
The HV321 has a slim design just like the HV305. It also has quick release foot pedal to easily transition from floor to ceiling. The features that make it stand out are:
- Advanced swivel steering
- High output LED lights in nozzle and hand vacuum: When in upright mode, it includes LED headlights to illuminate the area in front of you while vacuuming. This is very convenient when in vertical way.
- Indicator light/overheat protection: The green indicator light tells the person cleaning that the brush roll is spinning around and vacuum is cleaning correctly. The red indicator light shows the person cleaning that there could be an obstruction in the device. So the vacuum doesn’t get damaged due to an obstruction in the dirt cup or the brush roll.
- Under-appliance wand: This is an attachment 36″ long wand, which allows you to reach underneath appliances and furniture. This is convenient for cleaning underneath a fridge or couch when it’s too much of a hassle to move them.
- Quick-release extension wand: The floor nozzle can be detached from the bottom of the wand using a foot pedal on the vacuum’s base unit. The other end of the wand can be detached from the hand vac as well, for greater mobility. The entire upright is 8 pounds, but when you convert it to a handvac, it weighs only 3.5 pounds to make it extra light.
- Detailing kit: The HV321 comes with a detailing kit which provides you with a whole array of tools for vacuuming all sorts of tight areas in your car or home
- Upholstery tool: There is a brush that you can attach to vacuum on upholstery.
About Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
- Powerful LED lights on the hand vac and nozzle to help you spot hidden debris throughout your home.
- Advanced Swivel Steering. Excellent control for manoeuvring around furniture
The HV322 is the most expensive among the five vacuums and the most efficient as well. Like the other four HV301, HV302, HV305, and HV321 it is ultra-light. The high-speed setting is good for getting pet hair out of thick, dense carpets, while the low setting would be ideal for bare floors. If you don’t mind spending much you will get some of these additional features from the HV322:
- Pet Multi-Tool: This is an attachment that has a stiff bristle brush for removing stuck-on debris and agitating pet hair that has receded deep into your carpet. This tool can be converted it into an upholstery tool for removing pet hair from your couch or armchair by detaching the bristles. Since it has its power, it continues to work correctly even when the suction of the vacuum decreases.
- 18” Duster Crevice Tool with a flexible wand: Makes it great for cleaning in between cushions and areas that vacuum’s floor nozzle tends to miss.
- Multi-Angle Dusting Brush: It is an attachment that has swivel head to clean at various angles. Since the house may include areas that have odd angles the multiangle dusting brush will come in handy.
- Suction power: The Rocket HV322 is much better at sucking dirt than the HV302. The motor is slightly improved, allowing you to differentiate between deep carpets and bare floors just by flipping a switch. Thanks to its cyclonic technology, the sucked air is filtered by the centrifugal force, ensuring the filters remain unclogged
- Weight and Dimensions: With all the new features, the Shark Rocket TruePet and the Shark Rocket DeluxePro gained a little weight to about 8.1 pounds, which is still an excellent acceptable number for the ultralight class.
Shark Rocket model comparison: Comparable Features
|less than 8 lbs
less than 8 lbs
|Power||500 W||500 W||500 W||500 W||500 W|
|Recommended Surface Cleaning Types||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors|
|Cord Length||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)|
|Filtration||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters|
|12″ Crevice Tool||(18″)|
|Pet Upholstery Tool|
|Car Detail Kit|
|Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment|
|Hard Floor Genie|