An irritating and itchy swollen red area on your skin can be a Bed Bug Bite. These tiny parasitic bugs survive on your blood. They attack after your mum kisses on your forehead and says ”good night, have sweet dreams”. When you sleep after listening to an interesting and exciting bedtime fairy tale; they sneak into your bed and start feeding on your blood. Bed Bugs are pretty good at hide and seek. It is very rare to find a bug crawling on your bed during day. They attack only after it gets dark. If you think that there are bed bugs taking cover between cushions of your couch, under the cushion of bed or anywhere in your home, you should start searching for online professional cleaning services.
Why These Little Vampires Are So Bad?
If there are bed bugs in your home, your guests are going to go through a terrible experience if they are going to stay in your home for a night. On their next visit, they will prefer to stay in a bug-free zone, instead of your home. Though these blood suckers do not cause any serious health trouble, but who want to keep on itching throughout the day while travelling in a bus, eating in a restaurant, attending a meeting or in a family celebration. Moreover, if your skin is sensitive, irritation and itching due to a bed bug bite can cause infection.
Signs of Bedbugs
That itchy irritating red swollen region is the very first sign of bed bug bite. Now, you have to look for the places where they have taken cover.
- Bedbugs leave eggs in tufts and seams of mattresses. You can also look for stains of blood on the sheet.
- You can find bed bugs and their eggs under the cushion of your bed.
- Bugs love to hide in books, window frames, picture frames, and baseboards.
What to Do?
Cleaning home on a regular basis will keep these small vampires at the bay. Apart from hiring professional cleaning services, here is what you should do:
- First of all, reduce clutter. It attracts bed bugs and other insects. Pack toys and blankets in plastic bags with Nuvan strips.
- Bed bugs will die within 2 minutes when exposed to 118°F. Therefore, heat infested linens in dryer or launder with hot water.
- Dislodge eggs by scrubbing infested linen with a stiff brush.
- You can also use a blow dryer to remove bed bugs from mattress and furniture and then crush with your feet or a paper towel.
- Inspect all drawers.
Some cleaning agents are available in the market for pest control. If you want to eradicate bed bugs and other insects, you should hire a company that uses eco-friendly cleaning agents to clean houses.
This post first appeared on How Commercial Cleaning Services Are Different From Residential Cleaning Services, please read the originial post: here