May is one of our favorite times of year at Mr. Tree. Is it because of the beautiful weather? The return of flowers and birds? The end of school? Well yes, we like all those things–but what we’re really excited about is that May is National BBQ Month! Plan your best Backyard Bbq with these tips from Mr. Tree:
- What are you going to do about bugs? Nobody wants to leave a party covered in mosquito bites. Make a perimeter of citronella candles or torches.
- If you’re planning a potluck, make sure that you keep track of what people are bringing. The last thing you want to do is end up with 15 containers of potato salad and nothing else. Ask folks to let you know in advance whether they plan to bring a side, a dessert, or a main dish, and plan other contributions accordingly.
- Regulate the temperatures of food, especially raw beef and chicken, so you don’t accidentally poison your friends and family!
- How does your lawn look, really? You wouldn’t have people over without vacuuming the living room, so call Mr. Tree to spruce up your landscaping before you have a bunch of friends hanging out in your Backyard.
- Set up a safe area for kids to play nearby. A kiddie pool, some lawn games, and their own music will keep them out of adults’ hair, but still let parents keep an eye on them.
Don’t forget to contact Mr. Tree to make your yard look the best it can, and have a great summer bbq!