What’s in season?
Beets for Valentine’s Day? I thought “Why not, they are the right color!” and added them to my breakfast-dessert Chia pudding. I knew it would look great but was a bit skeptical about the flavor. Happy to report, though, it turned out wonderfully, sweet and creamy, and so healthy!
Serving this pudding and all the toppings in a glass makes it a perfect breakfast-in-bed option that’s easy to eat and hard to “crumble” all over your sheets.
What’s so good?
- Beets are among the highest vegetable contributors of folate (folic acid), which promotes fertility in both women and men, and encourages heart health.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium and protein which are essential for bone health.
Beet-Strawberry Chia Pudding
- Serves 2
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 small beet, cooked (boiled or steamed)
- 4 strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup optional
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Strawberries, raspberries, coconut flakes for topping
1. In a food processor, blend together coconut milk, beet, strawberries, and maple syrup (optional). Add chia seeds and stir in with a spoon to incorporate.
2. Pour equal parts into two glasses and place in the fridge overnight.
3. In the morning, remove the chia pudding from the fridge and top it with Greek yogurt, berries, shredded coconut, granola, more syrup or any other topping of your choice! Enjoy!
The post Beet-Strawberry Chia Pudding appeared first on Lublyou.