|Better Homes & Gardens|
March 2018 Cover
The issue also has a few recipes for salads or sides made with fresh vegetable. Near the end, the magazine offers "6 New Rules for Eating Healthy." In summary they are to:
- Remove 10 calories from your daily intake per pound you want to lose in order to continue weight loss.
- Focus on the good food you can eat on your diet rather than what you can not have.
- Weigh yourself weekly so you can adjust diet or exercise plan when needed.
- On your diet plan, include a variety of fruits, vegetables, and fiber - rotate them weekly.
- In food and drinks, skip artificial sweeteners as they can slow your metabolism.
- Eat 1 oz. of dark chocolate daily as it may help lower your body mass and satisfy desire for sweets,