|2018 Color of the Year: Ultra Violet|
The color of the year for 2018 is Ultra-Violetaccording to Pantone. In previous posts on 2017 color of the year and 2016 colors of the year, I shared a list of gemstones (besides amethyst) that would go with the year’s palate. This year, below I share some other links on fashion, make-up, and jewelry, as well as home and garden ideas, prior to sharing the chart of gemstones. Find the chart at the bottom of this post.
- Wear Ultra Violet Make-up
- Use Pantone’s Color of the Year in Your Wedding
- How to Wear Ultra Violet Fashions
- Color of the Year Gift Guide
- Plants For Pantone Ultra Violet
- Ways You Can Decorate with Color of The Year
|2014 Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid|
Earlier in the decade the purple color of the year for 2014 was Radiant Orchid. I did not do a post that year, so I thought I would share a few photo post links that remain on-line for the orchid color as well since the two would go well together. You probably will not find the make-up in this exact color, but the ideas will work for the darker color or if you can find a lighter purple too. Below links are Fashion-related or H&G.
- Ways to Wear Radiant Orchid Makeup
- Ways to Use Pantone Radiant Orchid in Your Garden
- How to Wear Radiant Orchid Fashions
- Radiant Orchid Fashion vs. Home Furnishings
Of course, we should not be surprised if a color palette is repeated, after all the color wheel used for fashion and design starts with a variation of six of the seven colors (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo aka denim blue, and violet) of the rainbow.
Transparent to Translucent Gems
Semi-translucent to Opaque Stones
Purple Sapphire (fancy color)